| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X reg Espace Alize tailgate wont unlock !!!  (Read 11283 times)
melvyn

« on: February 25, 2007, 06:30:26 pm »

After having my a new key fob recoded [no signal from old one] and coincidently having to change the car battery [faulty] the central locking operates ok on everythig but the tailgate which is now in a permanent locked position.My next problem is how to gain access to the lock/solenoid with the tailgate shut ? I have removed the two bottom corner screws,slackened off the two top screws and removed the inner door handle but cannot see away to remove the panel............please help !!!

P S , There is a slight hum not click coming from the tailgate motor when remote button pressed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 10:39:39 pm by melvyn » Logged
Blackadder

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:35:17 pm »

Hi Melvyn

I had a similar issue with my tailgate lock. Luckily for me I was able to get the door open after a struggle. If I remember correctly, you need to remove the two rear foglights. This allows access to two screws holding the trim in place.

I'm not sure that with the door closed there would be enough room to get the trim off. Good luck

Dave
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:50:08 pm »

I've also had that problem, but it was the fuse going to the rear hatch control unit, which sits on the CAN bus controlling rear fog lights and lock.

But as you've got a sound coming (are the fog lights also working?), that's probably not your problem.

X-reg, what year is that?

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
melvyn

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:58:42 pm »

Anders, Many thanks for your interest in my problem unfortunately the rear  fog-lamps do work . The vehicle was first registered in September 2000.If i cannot remove the trim i was thinking of cutting a hole or holes in the trim panel to gain access  to the offending part/parts, my problem there is i cannot remember if there are one or two locks and of course their location.Any suggestions on this matter would be more than welcolm....Melvyn
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:09:30 pm »

Anders, Many thanks for your interest in my problem unfortunately the rear  fog-lamps do work . The vehicle was first registered in September 2000.If i cannot remove the trim i was thinking of cutting a hole or holes in the trim panel to gain access  to the offending part/parts, my problem there is i cannot remember if there are one or two locks and of course their location.Any suggestions on this matter would be more than welcolm....Melvyn

Hi Melvyn

I think the fog lights trick suggested by Blackadder should work somehow, but of course it has been designed to keep intruders out, so it may be that it's easier to gain access from the inside somehow (though I can't see how it can be done without cutting something).

I have checked my copy of the wiring diagrams, and they show only one central locking motor. It's sitting near or above the central handle.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
- Anders

Used to own:
melvyn

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 09:40:35 pm »

Anders,Managed to finally remove interior tailgate trim  by generally levering up the bottom with some home made levers and although i was at all times afraid of damaging the trim [£280.00 to replace]in the end it was quite pliable and i was able to get my hand in and pull back the inner lining and release the lock.Once the tailgate was open the top two corner screws ,once hidden ,were removed and the panel came off.The actual problem was no more than adrop of WD40 on the affective areas and all is now well.Incidentally removing the rivets behind the rear fogs was not necessary.Thanks once again for your advice and other members that offered help ..thanks everyone Melvyn
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:34:19 pm »

Hi Melvyn, that's really good to hear Cheesy Was it the motor sticking or the locking mechanism, or both? Isn't this the kind of problem that could come back when the WD40 has dried out...?

- Anders

Used to own:
TheJoker

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:41:59 am »

One of my doors are making a whiny-noise too when unlocking - I guess I should WD40 it too (shouldn't they upgrade it to WD41 soon?).

Has anyone else had "whining central locking" before?  Huh

Smiley

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
melvyn

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 10:29:22 pm »

Anders,Upon initial inspection, all of the metal parts were bone dry and  covered in a white powdery substance and i think these deposits were responsible for the whole arrangement to cease functioning.All seems to be well at the moment so i have reassembled the interior tailgate panel and hope thats the end of it for now...........thanks once again .Melvyn 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: