| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mystery cable...?  (Read 6129 times)
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« on: March 09, 2007, 08:32:29 pm »

Hi,
my Murena just came back from the body shop (no, not the one that sells soaps...) and I noticed that there was a long cable dangling out from under the dash!

It has a T-handle on the end and goes into the outer cable just under the steering column. It goes through the bulkhead, along the left hand inner wing and disappears down into the nose cone.

I can pull and pull it out, but can't push it back in again. I have no idea what it is attached to!! Huh

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Cheers,

Antony
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:15:46 pm »

He he Wink

That's the emergency lift cable for the headlights - it is probably broken long ago! It's attached to the bottom of the lever to lift the headlights on the left side of the car. While Roy has fitted a new cable on my car, which means that mine works properly, I don't find it particularly useful as:

1. It's difficult to find under the column
2. If you find it, it takes a good deal of pulling strength to get the headlights fully up
3. When you need it, it's because your vacuum hose has broke. By the time that has happened, chances are that the cable is gone too Wink

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:48:45 pm »

Thanks very much Anders. I may just pull the whole thing out then. Stupid body shop, don't know what they were doing down there as they were painting the rear bumper!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: