| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: AUX input to amp  (Read 24877 times)
roa

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 02:22:26 am »

Connecting my DVD-player: Made a cable with  the 13 pin DIN-plug in one end and standard RCA/cinch plugs in the other. PLugs into the TAPE input, and runs under the carpet up to the "Mega box" where the DVD is mounted under the tray. Had to drill a small hole in the bottom of the Mega box. Gets 12v and gnd from the handsfreesystem-connector(TELMUTE) in the storage compartment under/in front of the righthand frontseat

The aux  input connects with a standard cable(2 x male rca/cinch plugs to one 3,5mm stereo jackplug) to the headphone/handsfree unit of a SonyEricsson W800i .
TheJoker

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 10:56:44 am »

Roa, you make it sound so simple and easy. Smiley I do know how to solder, so that's not a problem, but I don't read electrical diagrams etc, so when, or make it if, I get to do this, I'll ask more questions.  Cool Grin

I'm very pleased that it can be done. Thanks!!

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
SteveDragon

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 11:01:26 pm »

Hi All,

I'm so happy to find this info... for months now I'am trying to connect an MP3 player, but have a few questions.
Roger you state you connected via the TAPE connector, I've tried using an 13P DIN, connecting pin 1+2 and 3+4 , but as you stated earlier that some kind of PBUS signal is needed to set to operate input to TAPE. How did you fix that?

The other diagram from the French forum seems OK to but that needs shortcutting where FM is stated?

You stated in earlier post that the some units have a narrow frequency band when using your AUX solution, is that fixed when using your schemetic? Thanks very much for your help in advance!
Cheers
roa

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 03:27:04 am »

Hi all, and Happy new year.

Stevedragon: I used the TAPE input because I wanted  keep use of the cd-changer. Later I added the AUX-modification for my cellphone.
The amplituner in my car(SCU-2556) mutes all input signals unless the connected unit sends a valid PBUS ID. The muting is controlled by the amplituners processor by means of a small transistor circuit shorting the signal line to ground. I simply disconnect this control-line going from the processor to the transistor(s).
This can be done either by cutting  the track (with a knife), or by removing the diode as described in my link.
The only disadvantage is that I have to choose TAPE with the IR remote, as the steering wheel remote cannot activate non-PBUS inputs(thus muting the other sources!).

The french diagram uses a simpler approach.The Mp3/dvd/whatever audio signal is connected directly to the pre-amp input. Doing this will mix the connected audio with the currently active source(radio, tape or cd). Mr frenchy has then chose to use radio, and to mute its audiosignal by shorting it to ground through the switch labeled "FM mute".   

Some amplituners also has a AUX input. This is designed for handsfree systems and is a mono input with narrowed frequency band. My schematic rebuilds this into stereo, and normal frequency band.

If you decide to modify your amplituner, please be careful with the airbag connections when removing the seat......

Good luck!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: