| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: adjustment to make the car hot/cold  (Read 9086 times)
davidewanprice
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:47:08 am »

Hi again, can someone take a photo of their cars heater cables (presuming yours is fitted correctly). I mean the ones inside the bonnet, where the two cables meet to adjust the heater so its either hot or cold. My cables are not connected and there looks to be something missing, AND its held together by a zip tie.... All this means that to get the correct cabin temp I have to open my door, open the bonnet and pull the cable in the correct way, then when I’m at my cosy temp, get out and re-adjust. And please, before you do. Don’t tell me this one is a 70's quark..... I cant find the memory card for my camera but I’ll post a picture taken on my phone later… Many thanks for all your help. David
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 12:15:37 pm »

Yes, it is another quirky french piece of design, enjoy it!

Only joking, they should be connected. I can take a picture of my car tonight, if I remember.
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 08:18:06 pm »

Here are some really bad photos from my phone, but you can just about see that its held together by a zip tie and both leads are not attached, two questions, thats should be there to hold the cable in place, and how do i re-attach the cable. At the moment the cable coming directly though the dash seems VERY stiff, the one on the longer loop (the one held by said zip tie) is fine.
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 10:30:23 pm »

I can't make head or tail of those pictures David and I can't take any of mine tonight. I'll be able to on Friday.

Whereabouts are you in the country?
Will Falconer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 09:05:43 am »

The heater controls don't actually turn the heater off as the heat volume cable doesn't push the tap far enough.

It may have been disconnected to get the valve completely off in the summer .  There should be a cable looping on to the crank (looks disconnected as above) from the front and another one disapperaring into the heater behind.

You can add a 15mm central heating tap into the system to act as an effective Summer off switch.
davidewanprice
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 11:18:02 pm »

I think you may be right Will, this cars main aim in life has been to take me to Le Mans for the past 10 years... And when it’s hot the last thing you need is your heater pumping warm air at you. 

Am i right in saying both the looped ends to the cables fit on the same part of the crank?

Sorry Will, can you explain the 15mm central heating tap, to act as an effective summer off switch?

Plus I’d really like to know how the cable is held in place when its not with a zip tie, i.e. originally? The main problem that I have is that theres so much play in this bodged system of mine, it leaves virtually no actual movement

Oh and I’m in sunny Sheffield! Just joined the UK Club so to meet a few Murena owners soon
Will Falconer

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 11:37:44 am »

From memory, the front cable goes to the upper nib, the back one to the lower nib.

The outer cables are clamped by a small metal clip. It's not one of the Murena's more sophisticated details and doesn't work very well at the best of times.

I fitted the extra tap to a car whose valve wouldn't shut off completely, but generally they do if you push the nib and remove the cable for the summer.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: