| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just beautiful  (Read 7073 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: April 26, 2007, 08:59:27 am »

It was that chicane over a road bridge where they are doing construction work again... the motorway is being extended from 4 to 6 lanes so the bridges are being rebuilt. One side first, then the other. In this particular place, they have closed off the west lanes on the bridge, and do all four on the east so that creates a nice narrow chicane on the road heading southwards as I am every morning going to work.

Link to the place in Google maps - construction work not showing

I've met that BMW 5 series coupe enormous monster there before and put him behind me - today I pissed him off!

I was entering the chicane and there was a bus in the left lane and on the right was my BWM friend and in front of him an Audi TT swedish regitration - I took the bus side: IF I was going to overtake him, it had to be in the other lane, so why not.

Which turned out to be a good choise - the bus driver knew the place, but the Audi driver didn't and before soon, I passed them on the inside, and on the exit of the chicane the opening came and I took off into the outer lane overtaking the bus on very light throttle (engine still not fully warmed up) - the Audi was quickly far behind!

Next junction treated me with the red, and somehow my BMW friend had made it past the bus and the Audi and got into the left lane. We were besides again: It was Matra vs BMW!

He was obviously pretending to think of SOMETHING ELSE, and when the green light struck he went off on his traction control, pissed off by my better handling and better driven old french semi-sports-car with that tuned sound from the exhaust.

I ALMOST crashed my Murena laughing - and thought - ain't life JUST beautiful in a Murena! Cheesy

- Anders Cool
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:03:16 am by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 09:22:13 am »

...with that tuned sound from the exhaust.

Thats true! Everybody says that Murena has georgeous exhaust sound. When I'm accelerating it is like real sports car and when I go down the hill and brake by engine, it is like Honda CBR 900 RR - my friends says  Smiley

And btw. 2 days ago some man with Porsche Boxster followed me through half of Prague till I stopped, only for that he wanted to say that it is a beutifull car! It's good to hear from the man with Porsche  Wink

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 10:06:26 am »

The most striking feature of my exhaust is the sound of unburned fuel exploding in the mufflers on the overrun... sounds like the end of the world  Cheesy ... and it smells rather nice too ...
Jacobosterlindh

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 12:00:34 pm »

haha! thats nice, presumably a empty muffler that's make the noise with the fuel exploding. It's the same result on my peugeot 205mi16 with cleared cat.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: