| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Radio/phone kit  (Read 9210 times)
Savo

« on: February 16, 2007, 08:00:31 pm »

Hello folks

I have purchased a hands free kit for my Race. heres the questions

1. where is the sterio/radio (i have been told it is under the seat ?) ?

2.What seat, as mine is a RH drive, and how do i get to it ?

Thanks

PS no problems with the car since i cleaned out the EGR vavle runs like a dream, still got the sqeek though.

Savo

2.2dci the race
Zafira 1.8 elegance
1.9 Tdi ghia galaxy 115
3.0 RXE Auto (die twice but re-vived)
1.9 Tdi ghia 110
NightOwl

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:37:48 am »

I have a Right Hand Drive (Irish/UK) Grande Espace (year 2000). The Amp/Head unit is under the drivers seat. Well mine was until the car was Valeted before I bought it and it got wet. Renault wanted to charge €1000 for a new one - but that's another story.

I am in process of trying to mount one in the glove box, and have extended cables from under seat.

To access it you need to remove plastic trim from drivers door footplate.
Remove Drivers Seat - take care of cables wired into seat for Air bag.
Remove trim from around pocket in floor at front of drivers seat.

I found a cable with plug attached under footplate trim beside where cables go under seat to stereo which might be for a Car Kit. I read somewhere that the car is prewired for a mobile phone.

You will need to lift carpet and unscrew black plastic plate with vents in it which is under drivers seat.

You will find stereo under this.

Good Luck.
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:48:03 am »

Savo...... You don't need to access the stereo or go under the seat to wire a hands free kit.
You should find that your Race is pre-wired for power, earth and radio/cd mute for a telephone hands free and you will find the wiring harness in the storage compartment just in front of the drivers seat.... it's tucked away behind the felt lining on the right hand side as the cable run comes in to there from under the footplate trim. It comes pre-equipped with a connector that you may need to remove and replace with regular connectors dependent upon what make of hands free kit you have.

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
Savo

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 09:13:57 pm »

Did it.. Grin i found the wires that you was refering to martin but they where not compatable with the Parrot ck3000, so i removed the drivers seat and the iso leads where compatable so it was a case of just unplug and replug the sterio,so now when i get a call it cuts the radio off and the call comes through the front speakers, not bad for £50.00 and a few hours work.

Thanks for your help guys.  Grin Grin

2.2dci the race
Zafira 1.8 elegance
1.9 Tdi ghia galaxy 115
3.0 RXE Auto (die twice but re-vived)
1.9 Tdi ghia 110
TheJoker

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 10:57:47 pm »

Savo,

I've been thinking about a Parrot kit too... Is this the one you've got: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/6107.htm

I was thinking about the one with the display. Smiley

Anway, you didn't happen to take any pictures? Could you describe the cables and what you connected where? Or is it obvious?!

I've been taking the panels off to get a phone holder and charger in place, along with a Geodesy and a USB power plug for my eTrex Legend GPS (or anything else with USB)... and the panels are a nightmare! I've now got them neatly on the dash - but I haven't bought a dedicated eTrex cradle, and the charger for the phone doesn't work... it's for a K700 not a P990i Tongue When I have a bit of money I'll install a BT kit.. Smiley

I'm thankful for any tips  Cool

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: