| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Goodwood Breakfast Club - Vive la France!  (Read 9846 times)
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« on: May 05, 2007, 10:13:58 pm »

Is anyone going to goodwood tomorrow morning for the Breakfast Club themed Vive la France?

Should be a lovely morning with some lovely cars on show.

I will be taking my freshly washed Murena there in the hope of seeing some more amongst the Citroens, Peugeots and, hopefully, Alpines etc.

I really hope the MECUK are taking a few cars there.
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:33:40 pm »

Is anyone going to goodwood tomorrow morning for the Breakfast Club themed Vive la France?

looks as if I might (!) - what time are you planning to arrive ?

/Lennart
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:47:46 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 07:41:28 pm »

Indeed I made it, and it was a lovely 50 mile drive down there, in nice weather and surprisingly almost empty B and C roads.

When I got close to Goodwood, I had an Avantime in front of me and in front of that was a Delorian with  all the extra pipes and wires from the "Back to the Future" movie - which obviously ment I wasn't just following any normal traffic, so it was safe to simply follow them to get to the track.

At the entrance there was a guy separating cars into French and non-French, and I must say I was a bit impressed not just that he immediately recognized my Murena as French, but that he got the others right too. Some of the (older) cars there were so strange that I would not have guessed their origin.

I immediately spotted macaroni's "red hot chilli Murena", - in fact he was just getting out of his car, and we arranged to park next to each other. Great to get a face on the forum-member :-)

Then I was pleased to be greeted by the usual suspects from the MECUK - it was *very* nice to meet up again, - after about 8 years. We all look as young as ever, of course. :-)

I have put up a small gallery of some of my pictures here:

http://www.sorth.dk/p/20070506/

/Lennart
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:40:15 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 08:13:13 am »

It was a great day. Good to met Lennart after so long and he really isn't as bad as everyone makes out... Wink

When I arrived at the gate, the doorguy didn't recognise my car at first and wanted to direct me to the non-french section, he soon twigged though and laughed at his own schoolboy error.

I was surprised at the number of Matra related cars there and was delighted to see 2 Jets and an M530 amongst the Murenas, Bagheeras, Ranchos and Avantimes.
Some gorgeous Alpine A110s too.

A very good, is slightly pricey, breakfast was enjoyed aswell.

Book my place for next year!
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:42:41 am »

Thanks for sharing the photos, Lennart. Looks like you enjoyed yourselves!

- Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 01:28:04 pm »

When I arrived at the gate, the doorguy didn't recognize my car

ahh - and since I arrived just after that explains his apparent "knowledge" :-)

Yes all Matra's (surprisingly except Espace) were there,  Djet, M530, Bagheera (if a bit late, Andy), Rancho, Murena and whole bunch of Avantime.

And those two Bugattis were both driven there - NOT on a trailer. nice!

/Lennart

macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 02:53:52 pm »

I think my favourite cars were the Facel Vegas - absolutely beautiful, the mouth-watering selection of Alpine A110s - one day I will own one and of course, the Murenas which, amongst all the exotic stuff, still looked fantastic.

Next month (3/6/2007) - Supercar Sunday...
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 01:11:37 pm »

Wooow, bautifull! Why I must live so far?  Angry

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: