| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Number of Matra cars on the road in the UK  (Read 5118 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: May 14, 2007, 07:53:24 am »

In case you have not seen it (as I believe it was an old thread) in the Rancho section there was a statement that there were only 10 Rancho on the road in the U.K.  The information came from the DVLA and their computer database, but as I have now explained you cannot rely on this at all, particularly with a make like ours, since the information is only as good as what is actually recorded.  e.g. None of my Murena would show up as a Murena since that is not recorded on their documents - one has Talbot-Matra for the Manufacturer whilst the other has just Matra; and both have 'two axle rigid body coupe' under Model even though I specifically corrected them and told them the model was called a Murena.  One Murena I had was listed as a four door Talbot saloon!

So you can see that paying for a make or model search at DVLA for Matra or any of its models, is a waste of money because any figures you get back would not be accurate at all.

macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:20 am »

I tried, last year, to extract similar information about the number of Citroen Xantia Activas registered and the best they could do were the figures from Sept 2004!

Waste of time really.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: