| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sighting :)  (Read 10243 times)
krede
YaBB God

« on: May 17, 2007, 11:44:41 pm »

Hey Hans.. saw your Rancho In down town Aalborg the other day.. well.. it has to be yours since i don't believe there to be that many silver ranchos in the area Smiley
On word though.. you told me that your cars are there to be used.. but you really should...well spend some time shining it up... it looks rather beat up .. and thats a shame since its such a pretty little car Smiley
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:09:31 am »

Last time I saw Hans' Rancho, it looked very good:

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 08:28:06 am »

Well Krede thanks for the greeting but this is what is called patina. This car is more than 25 years old and is still unrestored, which is more than rare for a road going Rancho. The car has many small dents and repair to the paint, which I would rather do without, but this is a part of the cars history and of its soul.
When you have changed the interior on your Murena to a different materials and different colours, and have had it re sprayed on the outside to a different colour, it might look fancy but it has lost its originality!

Regards Hans
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 06:00:34 pm »

Easy Hans!!.. I didnt mean any insult to either you, or your car!!
Or suggest that you should strip a Boeing 747 of its tail assembly and fit it as a spoiler!.. In fact I really really hope that you don't!! Smiley
My concern is, that, I myself, has just come home after spending a year away from my old car (citroen zx).. And I have looked in chock at level of havoc one years worth of being in my moms "care" has brought upon this quite tough little car..
So what I was hinting , (and i guess it came out wrong then), was a well meant concern as to what a year of similar treatment might do to your (not quite so tough) Rancho while you are away.
Ive had a soft spot for Rancho since I got model one as a kid(white/blue and with a little trailer containing two "water scooters"...COOL! Smiley ) You said it yourself.. its more then 25 years old.. and I would hate to see it deteriorate too much for you to repair.

As for the modification discussion.. we could go on and on.. so I wont Smiley..
But after seeing those two turbo engines destined for your Murena, I wouldn't have taken you for a "purist" Wink

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 10:33:04 am »

Well Krede thanks for the greeting but this is what is called patina.

When you have changed the interior on your Murena to a different materials and different colours, and have had it re sprayed on the outside to a different colour, it might look fancy but it has lost its originality!

What a great true!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: