| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Etiquette  (Read 9510 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: May 21, 2007, 12:46:40 pm »

It is very nice to see the activity on the forum. It has become a very useful place to get help and share experiences.

And from time to time people comment on each other's projects and cars in general. I'd like to remind you all that we are all different and that we should respect each others different approaches to our cars.

The Murena in particular is a popular tuning object, and there are many different ways to do it. What I'm doing to my car is most likely different from what you want to do.

There are different reasons to own a Matra - some have it as a daily driver, some has it as a hobby (and are always involved in new modification projects), yet some wants originality in everything.

So, please....

* respect other members' opinions and approaches.

* be careful not to hurt anybody.

* if you don't agree with someones way of doing something - don't post. Or if you do, keep your comment in general terms.

And since we are of very different nationalities:

* remember that the poster may not have English as his native language, so don't judge him too quickly

Thanks everyone!

Anders Smiley
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 12:48:49 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:44:25 pm »

I understood  Wink as You wrote ...we are from different countries...

I don't agree with only one thing:
* if you don't agree with someones way of doing something - don't post...

I think nobody here is a 5 years old boy which start to cry when somebody says something what he doesn't like. We are MEN not women, so we have to stand that somebody has a different way of thinking. And this is a discus forum, so discusing is, from my point of view, changing of opinions.

I was posting some pics of my Tagora 2,2 (Rial alloy wheels, coloured bumpers, black windows) to one french forum. I tuned this car a little when I was much younger, but everybody arround me says, that Tagora with coloured bumpers looks newer and with wide wheels it's nicer. But this winter I'm going to start with complete renovation, and the car will be strictly original. Why I'm telling this? Because I have posted this pics with something like "see my Tagora, it has cca 600.000kms and still is looking good". And somebody from there answered: "Brrr, Your Tagora looks terrible, it's horrible tuned Sad You have to be ashamed by Yourself!" But that's life, it was his opinion and that's all. It's his right to express what he thinks.

On the other side, somebody could be unhappy to hear what he can say and what he can't - especially when he lives in country, where was forbiden to say what you think for more than 40 years...

And of course, I want friendly atmosphere here, too!  Wink so If somebody feel hurt by me, please accept my appologizes.

lewisman

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21:17 am »

I agree with Michal.  We are all Matra enthusiasts and grown ups (despite most of us still playing with plastic cars Grin) so hopefully we can stand a bit of friendly banter without throwing the toys out of the pram.

Most of the guys have better English than I do (and I'm Scottish!) but I can accept that sometimes people can miss the point when things are taken literally.

The best thing about this forum is the genuine desire to help other Matra owners with any problems they have with their car.  For such a small group of people it is amazing just how quick and helpful the responses are.

Keep up the good work guys!

David
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 05:26:29 pm »

...most of us still playing with plastic cars Grin...  Excellent definition  Cheesy

But I fully understand to what Anders means, and I agree that we could be more "diplomatic" sometimes. I also am "living" on some Mercedes-classic forum here in CZ (cos I also have W126 500 SEC - coupé) and there I see what can happend. At first it was forum of MB enthusiasts, but later when lot of new people came (and sometimes they don't own a Mercedes) the atmosphere went totally different. Before we knew each others from meetings, but new people no, and some of them speaks very "dirty" and they are very rough. Some of old good people leaved than...
We have to keep some borders, I agree.

Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 06:35:28 pm »

I think that this forum should be a place to exchange ideas, information and helping each other with technical problems.
 I do not think that there is any need of having a forum where you can exchange more or less ill-natured remarks and insults regarding each other’s cars and/or projects.

Hans
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 01:55:31 pm »

It's good to see the comments here, and that nobody said: "Arrgh, Anders! Go away!"... Grin

I'm sure this forum will continue to develop and remain a place where we can get help and help each other.
With such good members Wink it just can't go wrong!

Cheers to all,
Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: