| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Engine bay murena 2.2  (Read 19309 times)
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 08:21:05 pm »

Thanks for the quick responce.
I have not thought of leaning the engine ore forward, very usefull info.

More questions:
The flexible metal air hoses looks like flexible exhaust pipes to me. Is that the case?
This solution looks a lot better than the colourful silicon tubes, which is normally used.

The by pass valve do not look like the standard Peugeot item to me.
At which boost level are you operating?

I have been looking at the picture below on your page “Aanpassingen”. This must be some modification to the oil sump, (which you have done yourself) correct? As you are writing something about the dept of the inlet to the oil pump and the bigger capacity of the turbo’s pump oil pump
(I am improving my understanding of Dutch)

thanks Hans
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 09:14:01 pm »

Isn't the oil pump of the 505 turbo, identical to the Murena 2.2 but with a different relief spring, to increase oil pressure ? 
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 08:15:42 am »

Interesting. I agree that 505 Turbo engine in Murena is the cleanest conversion of this car - it originally is the Simca/Talbot engine, so THIS is possible evolution of this car as the PRV V6 engine in it (but there is no space for it of course).
 But 4 years ago I had simillar plans with my Tagora. I wanted to make the Tagora Turbo conversion. I bought the whole Peugeot 505 Turbo to have all parts - engine + gearbox, electrics, fuel pump, rear disc brakes, etc... But engine wasn't in perfect condition and I needed new pistons. The pistons are bimetalic, and I was searched them for 3 years. In France, in Germany, in USA... only Polytechnic have them but for cca 1000,- Eur per set. And when I want to overhaul the engine, I will do it perfectly, so it means new bearings, timing chain + wheels, renovation of Turbo, new camshaft with follovers, springs, clutch, etc. It means that complete renovation of the engine will cost me not less than 3000,-Eur. Next 2000,-Eur for special exhaust system, electric works, fueltank conversions, and many more. So at least I stopped my idea and I sold the P505 to my friend, who has lot of ordinary 505s.

eric

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 03:08:52 pm »

Hello.

The flexible metal air hoses ,I get that from my work ( chem industry)
and it works fine .
 And it is not a bypass valve ,but a blow off valve.
Than you are faster with acceleration, like rally cars.

And I use the original oil pomp from the 505 engine, the most turbo conversions are using the oil
pomp from a normal 2,2 engine, because his sucksion pipe is longer.
But I want to use the original oilpomp from the turbo engine,Peugeot did some modifications on
the oil system. ( bigger oilcanals ,bigger oilfilter etc.. )

The boost level I use ,at this moment 0,45 bar, because my exhaust pipe is too small( 50mm), I have to change that in the future for a bigger exhaust system. (60 or 65 mm)

Eric
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 08:12:13 pm by eric » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: