| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Colors - Mephisto Red - Coral  (Read 28271 times)
hru

Murena Lover :-)

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 08:42:30 pm »

And here's a colour chart:

Difficult to see the differences for me - but now I am aware that the Coral is a metalic.

/Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
hru

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 10:00:27 pm »

White Murena, in very good condition.
Original painting, photo taken 2005

Matra Murena 2.2
hru

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:49 pm »

The black murena - or should I say 'Dusty black'  Wink

Matra Murena 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 01:00:41 pm »

UH!.. it does look rather nice in white  Smiley
Jorgen Kristensen

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 12:53:39 am »

Hello murena-fellows out there.

I have been looking for the original codes of the colours used for Murenas for a paintjob of my 2,2s (under total reconstruction) - which original came in grey, but sometime i the 80' was changes to red, and along the line i stumbled over a description of the codes in a FAQ. It also descibe the combination between colours and interior.

So for what it's worth - here it comes:

"FAQ: I want to respray my Murena. What were the original colours?

They were produced in 5 colours originally with two interiors: a check pattern cloth seating in 1.6 models,
and a plain colour buttoned style velour material in 2.2 models. The letter codes are Talbot paint codes.

They were: Platine (gold) (PFV), Corail (rose) (PNW), Vert Hudson (dark green) (PJV) and Bordeaux (red)
metallic colours plus Blanc Neve (white) (PWY) all with brown/white check or brown/honey velour interiors.
For 1982 models the Bordeaux colour was dropped and they added Rouge Mephisto (red) (PSX) non-metallic and Titane (silver) (PKY) metallic with grey/white check or black/grey velour trim, which was also now the interior colour for the white cars. Later still they dropped the Platine and Corail colours, and added the non-metallic Jaune Mimosa (yellow) (PCX), plus two metallics: Cannelle (bronze) (PVV) and Bleu Colombia.

The blue is a puzzle since the name Colombia is not listed in the Talbot codes of that period but an incomplete Verilac code label of which I have a copy, shows UX5787. Apparently this should be UX578706 - does anyone recognise this? There were also a few cars sprayed Black (PXY) probably to special order. Finally, 'S' models were only available in Red, White, Blue or Silver all with black/grey interiors.

Paint manufacturer codes were - Nitrolac (non-metallics): 3321 white, 3401 red, 3403 black, and 3405 yellow; and Verilac (metallics): 8391 Green, 8392 Corail, 8393 Platine, 8403 Titane, 8404 Cannelle, 8405 Bordeaux, and possibly 3404 Bleu Colombia.

The bronze 2.2 cars had a brown/black diagonal striped velour trim as did the 1983 green 2.2 cars. The blue and yellow 2.2 cars, like the '83 2.2 red, white and silver cars, had a grey/black diagonal striped velour, in place of the plain buttoned velour."

Regards Jorgen

Matra Murena 2,2s ('83)
Peugeot 307sw 2,0 ('05)
Peugeot 107 1,0 ('06)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 08:47:22 am »

Hello murena-fellows out there.

HEJ JØRGEN!

Long time no hear og velkommen til FORUM!
Hvordan har din bil det? Dig? Familien?

Hilser fra Marianne,

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Jorgen Kristensen

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 12:39:30 am »

Hej Anders - Tak, har levet lidt tilbagelænet i både dette og matra-cars-forum, men har på sidelinien glædet mig over dit engagement og fantastiske evne til at skabe gode og realiserbare løsninger med afsæt i dine tekniske kundskaber.

Og hvad med tid til realisering af min Murena-drøm?

Tja, arbejdet har krævet sin del, alle 4 unger er som teenagere ramt af ombygning og Jane er netop blevet færdig med sin diplomuddannelse, så det er først nu jeg for alvor er kommet igang - godt hjulpet af nogen, der kan lidt mere både i relation til bodywork og mekanik.

Going global: So at last it seems like my project is in good progress, and I would like to share some pictures of the bodywork done.

I haven't desided which colour-code, I will use for repaint - Maybe the original silvergrey (even that Lennart's car is The silver Murena.dk), maybe a darker Titanium-grey. I on the other hand have at week spot for blue cars (my Espace had the nicest midnigtblue colour) - if I should be thrue to the Murena 2,2s-roots  the columbia blue would be a obvious choice.

I still have the time for thinking - the paintjob are scheduled after our summerholiday in august.

By the way - feel free to give your opinion :-)

Regards Jorgen

Og lige et par spm. til Anders:
Hvilken af dine Matra'er har Marianne udvalgt som sin?
Ser vi endnu en Murena på gaden (en 1,6 er vel mere en pigeting  Grin). BTW, Hils hende mange gange tilbage....

Matra Murena 2,2s ('83)
Peugeot 307sw 2,0 ('05)
Peugeot 107 1,0 ('06)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 01:39:35 pm »

Tak for de pæne ord, Jørgen Smiley

Vi er godt nok også ramt af ombygning, med et eller to af vores fire børn med ADHD (ikke helt afklaret endnu) og den ældste med noget, der hedder Tourette Syndrom. Det er en omgang, der kræver noget og Murena'en er ren meditation for mig.

To the global discussion:

I think you should go for the silver. First, Lennart's Murena has been exported along with its owner to "det store udland", UK, second - it's a great colour for a Murena. Second to red, or course! Cheesy

I'll be interested in learning about your experiences with the paint job as mine needs one too.

Hejhej,
Anders

Og så dine spørgsmål: Mariannes Matra er vores Grand Espace 3.0 V6 24v. Den kan køre næsten lige så hurtigt som min Murena, som hun nødig sætter sig ind i og slet ikke kan forestille sig at køre!

J117 er blevet solgt i dag, i øvrigt... familien savner hende allerede.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 01:41:51 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Jorgen Kristensen

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 11:55:29 pm »

Og jeg som troede jeg var hårdt spændt for  Smiley
I har da godt nok fået noget at se til  - det må vi videre tale om når vi mødes engang om forhåbentlig ikke så længe...
Havde næsten gættet at Marianne havde "familieudgaven" af matra'erne, vores er afløst af en 7 pers. MPV-udgave med glaspanoramatag, stadig fransk (307sw).

Back to the colour-issue. I really love the idea being true to the originality of the car and bring it back to the colour, it was born with - in this case silver, as you for the pictures can see underneath the S-spoiler, now removed for the repaint.

I will keep you informed about the progress

Hils omkring dig - regards

Jorgen

Matra Murena 2,2s ('83)
Peugeot 307sw 2,0 ('05)
Peugeot 107 1,0 ('06)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: