| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cut out at bottom of door aperture.  (Read 10139 times)
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« on: February 07, 2007, 01:10:23 pm »

I've always wondered why there was a flat cut out on the sill at the bottom of the door aperture and now I know!

I ordered a back issue of Classic and Sportscar mag, with an article that compares the Murena, favourably, with the Lancia MonteCarlo. There is a picture of the Murena sill with a lovely inscribed plaque that says "Matra World Champions".

Where can I get a pair of those from?
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:04:40 pm »

Hello  Smiley Just today I ordered 3 pcs. But there isn't any shop with them, I found one company, which will made them. Price for one is 10,- Eur. If You will be interested, I can order more pieces - 2 for You. It's like gold metal plate 90 x 40 mm with profiled letters MATRA World Champions.

macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:33:23 pm »

Yes, for 10 euros each, I'd like some.

Can you order me them and I'll send you the money?

Might be wise to see if any more people want them and try to get a discount...

Cheers,

Antony
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 07:10:20 pm »

I'm in too for a pair Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:09:16 am »

Well, I will wait for the result and make the pictures for You. Than we can make total number for order and I will try to squeeze the price.

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 08:09:47 pm »

Than we can make total number for order and I will try to squeeze the price.

I'd like a set too.
Although I allready have them on my car (it was something the UK club offered many years ago)

I have a picture of them here:
   http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Murena/Gallery1/Med/mvc-561f.html

Mine are getting a bit worn/scratched, so I have often asked different companies if they could make some, - but none came up with only 10 EUR

PS: The *real* reason there is a cutout is that the electric window motors came from the Tagora which has horizontal door-bottoms, whereas the Murena hasn't. So to fit the motors with the original bracket, they siomply maede that cutout, - which works fantastic with these plaques :-)

/Lennart
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 10:49:21 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 10:02:33 am »

Well I've asked the company and they are able to make the better price. If I will order 30 pcs, it could be 15,-E/pair.
These three which I've ordered will be done at wednesday 14th.february, than we will see.  And also I must to ask post office for price for sending.

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 03:32:14 pm »

I've always wondered why there was a flat cut out on the sill at the bottom of the door aperture and now I know!

I ordered a back issue of Classic and Sportscar mag, with an article that compares the Murena, favourably, with the Lancia MonteCarlo. There is a picture of the Murena sill with a lovely inscribed plaque that says "Matra World Champions".

Where can I get a pair of those from?

Actually Antony that is not the reason for the 'cut out' shape.  The real reason is that the door drain exits in that area and that is for the water to run off.  Check the underside of the door and you will find the drain point in the corresponding position.

However, it was my idea many years ago to put a badge there and we had some made.  That was my yellow car in the article, hence the badge.  The only thing is you will have to keep cleaning it as the water can leave stains on the badge.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 10:56:49 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 12:34:55 am »

The only thing is you will have to keep cleaning it as the water can leave stains on the badge.
Indeed, but what's nicer than caressing your Murena a little everytime you get in or out ? :-)    (well, I'll admit that does sound a bit nerdy)

Granted, the passenger side badge ends up more stained than the driverside, but thats just another Saturday task Smiley

Wasn't the reason for the flat bottom section of the doors that the electric window winder motors came from cars with horizontal door-bottoms ?

/Lennart   (who's Murena has manual window winding)

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: