| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Finally found one I like  (Read 17750 times)
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 05:04:38 pm »

...When I was young, I was stupid, and made some tuning on it, but it's gone and this winter I will start with complete renovation and the result will be, of course, maximum orifinality...

Sorry, somebody can understand this sentense that everybody who make modification is stupid. I take it back, it was strong word, I meant something like reasonless Smiley

In 2004 Czech visitors at International Simca Meeting won 4 from 5 categories in the Elegance Contest. You know why? Because in our minds not even not original mirror could be on the car, engine block has to be dark green, not back, blue or red, etc. When there were comunists it was impossible to go to the shop and buy for example speedometer or shock absorbers. So people used modificated Skoda or Ziguli parts, and that is what we (Simca/Talbot enthusiasts) really hate.

Look how many (how few) of original Matras survived, it will be harder and harder to find an original Murena when everybody will modificate them, but at least every new modificated Murena only increases the value of the original Murena Smiley But I want to open Your eyes and convince You not to modify Your rare cars, save them for next generation!

I work for Bridgestone EU and my company car is Skoda Octavia, men when I sit down into my Murena the seat is soft too much for a sport car, suspension (and there is Spax on my Matra) is softer than at Skoda, etc. but I rather drive my Matra because I love this car as it is, how can I explain it better...

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 02:35:52 am »

However if the photo is anything to go by this is a well finished car whether you like it or not.

Indeed - a very nice job, technically.

And as far as I know, almost any blue nuance will pass for French Racing Blue. Matra themselves used all sorts of shades - from the very light ones like:
http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Sportsprototypes/M650/Gallery1/Med/lmc02_091.html

to the much darker:
http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Sportsprototypes/M650/Gallery1/Med/mf_m650-a.html

However my biggest issue with that modification is that the front bumper and wings are joined into one piece, which may look good in some minds, but is bound to cause agony, at the slightest knock (e.g parking incidents)

Also, I think the round fog-lights and the bland look of the new bumper makes it look more like a kitcar than the rubber-trims ever did, but thats of course a matter of taste.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: