| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: small interior light on to the parel shelf  (Read 20324 times)
davidewanprice
« on: June 08, 2007, 10:00:46 am »

I was thinking of adding a small interior light on to the parcel shelf, wiring it through the lights. I was looking at a 205/saxo interior light, but i want something that would fit flush and look natural. I guess you could hide the wiring under the cloth hinge and then through the carpet round to the lights, alternatively maybe make a bracket and fix it to the other side of the boot in between the lights?

Anyone else done it if so where did they get their donor light from?

Michael

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 10:38:48 am »

Wink

Search it by MATRA.

I had years ago a Bagheers II S, the car had a light at the luggageboot. This solution has another benefit: one of the rearwindowlocks has a switch for the lights. So when the windows opens the light is on. The mechanical diametes are in my memory identical.

Kind regards

Michael

Kind regards

Michael
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:23:16 pm »

So are you saying that the window locks on my Murena have this function or i need the window lock from a baggy? I can’t look on my car as its at the garage having my wallet emptied

Does anyone have a baggy to confirm? That would be cool and I’d be keeping it MATRA.... If anyone has photos I’d love to see it? Especially the light itself?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:42:31 pm by davidewanprice » Logged
lewisman

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:38:15 pm »

I checked my Bagheera handbook (I made a copy of it as it was a GB version in English) and it mentions that it comes on when you open the rear window and shows how to replace the bulb but there is no photo. 

If I remember right it was a fairly straightforward plastic light that was fitted at the top, in the middle of the rearmost boot panel (hopefully that is not too confusing).  You would have to fabricate something to hold it on a murena and there will be little chance of any wiring being present.

I think it was something similar to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-AX-ZX-SAXO-PEUGEOT-106-INTERIOR-LIGHT_W0QQitemZ130120655852QQihZ003QQcategoryZ10376QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All you would need to make it work though would be a switch similar to a door light switch (or a reed switch / microswitch if you prefer) and a feed from the battery via a fuse.
davidewanprice
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:23 pm »

thats the light fitting ive been looking at, but im not sure it will look ok on its own, I was thinking of creating a metal plate and use the rivets at the bottom of the sceen (the inner 2 (that hold the boot cable) (and outers are for the parel shelf stoppers), but i like the sound of using the baggy parts if they are the same.  That way it would only come on when the boot was open and if i used the lights as a power source then it would only come on when dark.... Ive been looking on ebay and next time some 205 etc door/boot switches are listed i'll have them and have a play.

Ive got a switch that my dad (previous owner) rigged up via the battery for a fan override. (sitting waiting for what seems to be forever in a que to leave the le mans circuit at 0 mph/kph and watching your temp rise is not good) Ive been playing for days and just blown fuses. I'd really like the switch to light up but it just seems to hard work (i dont do electics). one wire from battery to switch via 20V fuse, one to fan, (another that went nowhere) how would i create a circuit to light the switch without blowing a fuse?
lewisman

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 12:18:02 am »

Although 12v dc switches are usually simple in operation it is not easy without knowing how the switch works.  You need someone to test it with a meter to work out what is hapening when you operate it and if there is a light (led possibly?) built into it you need to know which connectors go to +ve and which to -ve.

Where did the switch come from?
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 08:49:06 am »

Hmm... interesting idea. In some materials (like owners manual) I saw some control light on the dashboard which, I think, shows when the boot isn't closed well. On this control light there is picture of rear part of the car with boot open a little, but I don't have this on my Murena...

davidewanprice
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 07:01:01 pm »

the switch is from Halfords, its got three fittings on the back and a small LED inside under the switch. I guess it does its job as it is but it would be nice for it to be illuminated.

Michael

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 12:49:46 pm »

So are you saying that the window locks on my Murena have this function or i need the window lock from a baggy?

No, the Murenalock has no switch, you need the baggypart. At the moment i don´t remember which side, the lock with the swich was placed.

Kind regards

Michael

Kind regards

Michael
davidewanprice
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 08:19:31 pm »

OK, I know this is an old thread but I might as well re-start it now I'm going to work on putting a light in to my boot. My idea is to use a feed from the rear lights so it only works if the lights are on AND when the boot lid is opened. I've got some bits off Ebay and borrowing a few bits from my saxo and aim to have something sorted soon, if it ever stops raining!. I'd really like to know if anyone else has done this, what they found worked best...
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 09:48:46 pm »

OK, I know this is an old thread but I might as well re-start it now I'm going to work on putting a light in to my boot. My idea is to use a feed from the rear lights so it only works if the lights are on AND when the boot lid is opened. I've got some bits off Ebay and borrowing a few bits from my saxo and aim to have something sorted soon, if it ever stops raining!. I'd really like to know if anyone else has done this, what they found worked best...

I did that installation as was simple to make when I installed a trunk switch to trigger my alarm. I found one problem though: The bulb and the rear lights effectively makes a short circuit to ground, so my alarm falsely thought that the hatch was open even when the switch was depressed! This was fixed by inserting a diode in the circuit.

But I'm not using it any more because I rarely use my car during the night and if I do, I usuall have the car and rear lights switched off when I open the boot. Nowadays I try to remember to carry a small LED torch light with me when I drive out at night - it will be useful for making roadside repairs too.

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 12:08:12 am »

Some time ago (well, actually many years ago) I had a "temporary" separate  12V feed, running under the car to the boot direct from the battery - and in the boot, I had a little lamp (I think taken from a sewing machine), fitted with a 12V bulb, and a nice big manual switch in the left side of the boot, where I could easily find it in the dark.    This way I could get light in the boot, even with engine and ignition off, - and yes, of course I would need to remember to switch it off again, but it was pretty obvious.

It worked great, but the wiring was ugly, and the lamp a bit tatty, so I ripped the whole thing off again, with the plan to find a better replacement ... but then I haven't actually used the boot much since, so the need hasn't really been there.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
KiJa

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 05:13:57 pm »

I found at simpel way to get light in the boot.

I found at lamp in the local supermarket.

I works on 4 batterys and detects motion and does only work when it is dark. So in dayligt nothing happens, but in dark the ligthts go on when you open.

Kim
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 06:18:05 pm »

I found at lamp in the local supermarket.

Absolutely "Ritter Sport" (except it's round...)!
But I'm afraid the Committee for the Preservation of Historical Correctness will fine you for it!

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
KiJa

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 06:51:47 pm »

Hi Anders

I rember you wrote som place in this forum, that it was ok to sin if it was in public Smiley

I nearly don't dare tell you that i have mounted it with velcro Grin

But i works, and you can only see the lamp, when you put your head down in the boot, wich i then hope the committee wont do Roll Eyes

By the way Ritte Sport is OK, or at least some of them Tongue

Kim
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: