| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Crashed Murenas  (Read 28949 times)
davidewanprice
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:11:44 am »

I know its sick but i'd love have some of the parts from these poor cars! call it recycling! Does this make me a bad person!
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 10:13:42 am »

Looks like it has been squeezed between two other cars.  Even the A-pillars have been bent, but otherwise the passenger compartment is quite complete. It looks like the safety structure has worked like it should.

- Anders

Yes, it's seen on all pictures that the cockpit allways stays safe!

lewisman

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 11:41:10 pm »

At least the owner has two good mirrors to sell! Cheesy
Laurens

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 11:05:29 pm »

i am going slow. i repeared all cracks etc, mounted the skirts, and bonded the panels to it. i alligned it also with as much precision as possible. the front and back bumper is almost finished. as you can see i bonded 2 bumpers together to make 1. works wel (lot of work). it is almost finished.

then i only have to sand the car, aspecially the spare wheel bonnet. it has a bad paint on it. have to sand it all off.

here are two pictures of the car with bumper (nog finished bumper, it is just hanging loosly). and the sideskirt.

hope to have it finished before 9 september, then i can show the car on the smsc meeting
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:09:23 pm by MatraMurena.nl » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 06:55:13 am »

i am going slow. i repeared all cracks etc, mounted the skirts, and bonded the panels to it. i alligned it also with as much precision as possible. the front and back bumper is almost finished. as you can see i bonded 2 bumpers together to make 1. works wel (lot of work). it is almost finished.

Contratulations on the progress! Smiley, it's very good to see your car getting back to shape. The alignment you have of the side panels looks very good.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 09:42:52 pm »

What about this:

It happend at 1990 and the owner of this car crashed this Murena at 90km/h to the Mercedes-Benz W123 and than into the tree. Because he has used the safety belt, he went from the car with nothing broken!!!

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 10:20:59 pm »

Shocked

But notice again... both A-pillars are intact! He must have hit the tree on the left front of the car, thereby compressing the car from the side. This explains why the dash is completely broken and the otherwise intact steering column is just broken off. The left front wheel seems to have been pushed violently into the car, so the driver was lucky he didn't break a leg or two.

Thanks for sharing this photo, where did you get it from, Michal?

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 10:33:32 pm »

These pictures make me sick!! stop this Matra Snuff!!
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 10:34:51 pm »

http://www.matraforum.de/thread.php?threadid=2730&boardid=80&styleid=1

roll down...

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 10:44:34 pm »

These pictures make me sick!! stop this Matra Snuff!!

Come on krede... Everytime I see this pictures I am affraid about my Murena more and more and when You can see on Your own eyes what could happend, You will drive more carefully. Every next crashed (or tuned of course  Wink ) Murena means one Murena minus on this world. If one of those people, who saw this, will avoid crashing his car, this thread had sense.

brinkie

Previous owner of a Murena

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 02:35:04 pm »

Come on krede... Everytime I see this pictures I am affraid about my Murena more and more and when You can see on Your own eyes what could happend, You will drive more carefully. Every next crashed (or tuned of course  Wink ) Murena means one Murena minus on this world. If one of those people, who saw this, will avoid crashing his car, this thread had sense.

I agree with you Lennart and it also shows that the Murena is a very safe car for its age!

Most of the time I think the Murena will be in better shape after an accident and subsequent restoration. At least, mine did, 5 years ago I hit some very hard bushes which broke the front spoiler. With insurance money and some savings (I spent over 3000 euro in total) I had the car resprayed and all the rubbers were replaced, the car looked as new! See http://www.matramurena.net/restoration/

/Robert

Previous owner of a Matra Murena 2.2 (1981)
Laurens

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 11:37:39 pm »

My murena is back on the road a couple of months. still need to put the last touches to it.

Here is an old photo just after the first build ups.

and of last meeting (opening of carjoy).

The car is almost completely finished.

I did buy this thing. also fits here. A burned out murena:

I am going to use the car as a parts car.

why not repair.... see the other pictures here:
http://www.matramania.be/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1756&start=0

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:41:15 pm by MatraMurena.nl » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: