| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Finaly my Espace arrived!!!  (Read 6486 times)
orionbg

« on: June 14, 2007, 07:05:28 am »

Hi all

Finaly after nearly two monts of waiting, my Espace arrived!
It is a Silver JE with F3R Engine 1997. Not full extras but good enough! There are some small problems here and there but it is normal for a vehicle that have 211000km on the road! Especially when driven by an Italian!  Smiley
I would like to ask some things!

1. As my Espace have everything for a bord comp, can it be activated somehow? I mean that I have the control button and the display can show everything but when I press the button nothing changes! Onfy if I hold it for a longer period of time the the trip counter resets to "0"

2. I have the factory CD-Changer. Is it possible that it can't read CD-Rs or maybe it is for cleaning?

3, Where in this van is the place for the First Aid kit??? I can't find it! (and I hope that I never need it but still it is better to know where it is and don't need it than need it and not be able to find it!)

I'll shurely think of more questions but that is for now!

Excuse my English!  Smiley
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 12:40:36 pm »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Espace!

I am not sure, but I don't think the board computer can be enabled in a 1997 Espace, whereas in 1999 models and forward (with CAN bus), it can be turned on from the diagnostic computer. You need a Renault dealer to "press some buttons" so to speak.

My CD-changer can play CR-Rs all right, but my Espace is a 2001 so perpaps its different?

First aid kit... yes! We keep ours in the megabox. Not a bad place, since with kids (of which Espace owners tend to have more than average) it is quite frequently needed! Cheesy

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:17:47 am »

1. As my Espace have everything for a bord comp, can it be activated somehow? I mean that I have the control button and the display can show everything but when I press the button nothing changes! Onfy if I hold it for a longer period of time the the trip counter resets to "0"

No, if it wasn't an original option, then it can't be activated afterwards, sorry.

2. I have the factory CD-Changer. Is it possible that it can't read CD-Rs or maybe it is for cleaning?

No, many of the Renault CD players cannot read CD-R's.  They put out a technical note to this effect at one point because so many people were complaining the CD sets didn't work.  They did work but will only play original CD's.

3, Where in this van is the place for the First Aid kit??? I can't find it! (and I hope that I never need it but still it is better to know where it is and don't need it than need it and not be able to find it!)

If you mean where is the Renault provided First Aid kit, are you sure the car was supplied with one in the first place?  They are certainly not provided as standard here.  If you mean, where should you keep it, when you buy your own First Aid kit, then that is up to you, there was no special place made for a First Aid kit.  There are so many different types available, in different shapes and sizes that any designed place would not hold all types anyway.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:20:10 am by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: