| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: nasty miss on race 2.2dci  (Read 9247 times)
westentertainer

« on: June 29, 2007, 02:22:37 pm »

hello my first post..i have an 01 the race 2.2 dci and have a long battle [6 months] with the garage i purchased it from .it has been in 5 times and it comes back with the same fault a massive miss ,its as if the car brakes for a split second and then starts ,its worse on hills oh and diesel leaks from that pipe at the bottom of the engine .i took it to a local garage and they connected it to a computer and the fault they found was GLOW PLUG control MODULE now i thought that the glow plugs were only used for stating the car has done 155000 miles 
westentertainer

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 02:27:16 pm »

oh by the way the garage i bought the car from disconnected the ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 03:01:33 pm »

Try reading through Martin Tyas' post here: http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php?topic=424.0 - it sounds like you have a similar problem, i.e. leaking injector problem.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
westentertainer

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »

just took the car for a run SOMETHING HAS happened smoke [a lot of] coming fron air fillter and running on 3 cylinders oh perhaps its the same HELLICOILED  injector that came out  a few months ago  really pi..ed off now
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:06:22 pm »

I hope it will be cleared eventually and you will be able to enjoy your car.
As you can read out of the thread Martin Tyas started, it often isn't easy to diagnose and fix these problems.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 09:08:25 pm »

I have an 01 the race 2.2 dci and have a long battle [6 months] with the garage i purchased it from.

I assume this was not an official Renault dealer?

it has been in 5 times and it comes back with the same fault a massive miss, its as if the car brakes for a split second and then starts, its worse on hills oh and diesel leaks from that pipe at the bottom of the engine.

These common rail diesels work at extremely high fuel pressures (300 bar idle upto 1400 bar max.) and you need to get the leak fixed first.  There is no point in doing anything else until you have a fuel tight system.

i took it to a local garage and they connected it to a computer and the fault they found was GLOW PLUG control MODULE now i thought that the glow plugs were only used for stating the car has done 155000 miles 

The glow plugs are used during cold starting but the fault code could have been left in the computer since the time it had a glow plug fault, and the technician forgot to erase the code after doing the repair, or you have a glow plug fault now, in addition to other faults...  So the first thing when you get a fault code is to note it, erase it, and see if it returns immediately.  If it does, you still have a fault; if not forget it, since it probably wasn't erased previously.

No one should disconnect an engine management warning light, which shows they were trying to hide an engine problem...

These are complex systems and need fully trained people and diagnostic tools to correctly solve engine problems I'm afraid.  As a Renault RTE I have worked on then for some years and understand the problems and the fact that many mechanics will not be able to work on them or even understand them properly.  Where do you live?  If in U.K. and nearby, maybe I can help, otherwise I need a lot more info before I could offer any possible explanation.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:00:04 pm by roy4matra » Logged

westentertainer

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 04:02:02 pm »

yes it was leaking injectors ,,the head was stripped/!!!!!! and new injectors fitted  ..and the finance company paid!!!
westentertainer

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 09:35:16 pm »

ok im back again  .had car back it drove like a dream for about 500 miles now there is a occasional flat spot that might o cure  once or twice a day ,its like if your in to low a gear and it sort of momentary stalls but does not stop ..also because i have never driven a espace before and definitely not driven this car without a fault ..is it supposed to slightly lull as if your putting your foot gently on and off the accelerator  in 3rd gear just before you need to change to 5 th  sorry cant be any clearer 

also i have noticed  if i get someone to turn the engine over and look down the front of the engine you see a connector with 4 wires coming from it   well behind this a large spark shoots to the engine block strange any ideas as this is pi...ing me off now as i have only probably driven this car 4 months out of the 8 that i have owned it   i need to know so i can tell the finance company where to shove the car  many thanks  tony
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: