| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena Brake Pads  (Read 8955 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: July 15, 2007, 03:24:52 am »

Whilst reading through various topics here on the Murena I spotted one with a list of part numbers for things including brake pads.  It stated that the front pads could be Ferodo FDB114.

Those are wrong, as will be any from other manufacturers which are their equivalent.

The correct front pads are Ferodo FDB235 and the correct rear pads are Ferodo FDB106 or equivalents.

FDB114 are similar to FDB106, same shape but thinner and will fit and can be used in the rear, but neither should be used in the front calipers of a Murena as they are the wrong shape and do not sit on the disc correctly.  These have been sold in the past as front pads and I pointed out the mistake to the culprit a long time ago. (they should know who I am talking about, so I will not name names here)  I hope they are not still selling 114 or 106 for the front...

The original FDB235/106 or later 235A/106A had different pad compounds as well as being a different shape, which was another reason for not using the rears in the front leaving aside the fact that they don't sit on the disc correctly.

There was a suggestion too, about Lennart having a page available for alternative part numbers gleaned from the postings here.  If that comes about then there needs to be some method of verifying the accuracy of the parts, otherwise mistakes like this one could leave people unknowingly fitting the wrong things.

Roy

hru

Murena Lover :-)

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:10:16 pm »

Hi Roy

The brake pads listed was:

ATE - 603961
Bosch - 0 986 463 490
Textar - 20421
QUINTON HAZELL - BP157
FERODO - FDB114

The FERODO number is different,but it should be corected then ??

I just replaced the rear ones - using the list above as key.
I couldn't see any difference - except the thickness of course.

/Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:44:49 pm »

There was a suggestion too, about Lennart having a page available for alternative part numbers gleaned from the postings here.  If that comes about then there needs to be some method of verifying the accuracy of the parts, otherwise mistakes like this one could leave people unknowingly fitting the wrong things.

I very much agree on this one, if we are to make an alternatives list, we should have a review procedure for it.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:28:22 pm »

That was me, who posted the list of spare parts numbers. It was datas from websites of one spare parts suplier here in CZ. If there is something wrong, I am sorry but I wanted to help You...

davidewanprice
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 11:30:28 pm »

Like i said in the last thread on this topic, i think its a great idea, we all want to know more about our cars, what parts to use and where we can access these parts but its got to monitored and not a free for all.. I guess it needs a certain someone to do that, but who.

I know EVERYONE in the UK (and some parts of Europe) looks to Roy for his knowledge and experiences on the Murena, and we get many parts from Matra Magic and Sports Cars LTD. But it would be alot of work for someone like Roy and i could understand why Will etc would only list the parts he stocked.

Maybe the forum is working well as it is with us explaining what we find, id like to see a nice table full of part numbers myself so i could choose and sorce the best part at the best price. But it all comes down to it been monitored so only correct infos listed....

lewisman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 12:00:59 am »

That was me, who posted the list of spare parts numbers. It was datas from websites of one spare parts suplier here in CZ. If there is something wrong, I am sorry but I wanted to help You...

No worries Michal.  Your list was as accurate as the information that you had available, it just reminds us all that when we have a 20+ year old car we need to double check that any parts books still have the correct information.  At least the murena wasn't built from the Renault parts bin Grin.  I had great fun with my local motor factor trying to guess what parts were fitted to the various Renaults that my dad had in the late 70s and early 80s!
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 07:34:07 am »

Yes, no worries Michal, thanks for posting the list!

I appreciate the work done by Will and others dealing with parts for the Murena, they do a great job keeping themselves up to date on all the strange parts we need. I wouldn't want to think how the world looked like if we didn't have Simon, Will, Poli, Carjoy, Jürgen, H.B. etc.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 06:03:04 pm »

It's not a major problem, and it's always good that people try to help one another.  However, I am just trying to stop an incorrect part number being repeated.  Wherever you got it from, that source was wrong which you weren't to know, but unless someone points these things out, these mistakes keep getting repeated.

If anyone wants to take a look at my FAQ pages, on the third page with the details about brakes, I have added a link to an image that shows the correct front and rear pad shapes and you can see where they are different, and why the rears must not be used in the front.  The mounting 'lugs' are positioned approx. 4mm differently and the rear pads would mount 4mm further out in the front caliper causing the pad to be off the edge of the disc.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: