| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: help required 95 2.0 rxe  (Read 17570 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 11:55:18 am »

hi, back again !!.

can you please tell me, when removeing the compressor is there any way to keep the system charged during replacement to avoid re gassing charges, or will i loose all gas / oil if i remove the pipes from the compressor.  - cheers john

I don't think that will be possible, no. That's the annoying thing about the airconditioning system, it tends to take  some expensive filling and refillings to diagnose and fix problems there.

For the sake of environment, I'd recommend you have the system emptied professionally before removing the compressor, by the way Smiley

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 09:43:09 pm »

can you please tell me, when removeing the compressor is there any way to keep the system charged during replacement to avoid re gassing charges...

Definitely not!

or will i loose all gas / oil if i remove the pipes from the compressor. - cheers john

Yes.  You MUST evacuate the system before disconnecting any joint, because the gas is under pressure and when released to atmosphere it will rapidly expand and cool and if it touches you, you will get frost bite.  You must not work on these systems without proper knowledge because there is danger to you and anyone else around and you can be permanently injured.

Remember what I said before too.  Nothing must be left open or unsealed, so if for instance you obtained a secondhand compressor and it had been open to atmosphere (disconnected) for even two hours without sealing the openings, then it is no good, and you are wasting your time.  You must have a sealing kit before opening any joint, and you seal both openings immediately.  After replacing any item, you first evacuate the system and leave for at least 10 minutes to see that it is holding the vacuum.  This proves you have no leaks.  Then you switch over to the gas which is sucked in to the system by the vacuum up to the exact pre-set level (in grams) for that particular application.  Then you shut off the valves and draw the gas in the pipes back into the tank before disconnecting them.  Finally you run the system and re-check the working pressures and check the vent temperatures.

Roy
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:51:05 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: