| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: alignment of body panels  (Read 6197 times)
LarsB

« on: July 30, 2007, 08:56:12 pm »

Is there a "better" way to align the panels? And is there any way to move the doors to lighten the pressure on the door sealing? The hinges seem to be welded in place. Undecided

Lars

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 11:05:49 pm »

Yes, hinges are welded, You only can move the door lock on the chassis side.
The alignement is depending on if Your car was crashed or demounted in former times.

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:23:01 pm »

... is there any way to move the doors to lighten the pressure on the door sealing?
There aren't many possibilities for adjustments. The panels around the door might be nudged slightly, but that would not change the pressure on the seal.

Why do you want to lighten the pressure on the door sealing ? - if it is because you find the doors hard to shut, then it is more likely caused by the air-pressure generated in the small cabin. Opening a window slightly helps a lot.

With all these electronic engineers (and ditto-wannabes like me) somebody should be able to wireup something that takes the windows half an inch down when the door is open, and shuts them again when i has been closed.
This is how it works on my Peugeot 406 Coupe, and it is a briliant idea.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
LarsB

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 11:20:23 am »

After installing new door sealings the drivers side door seem to have way to much pressure. It opens about 1/4 just by pulling the handle. (to open the door from the outside I have to push the door in to release pressure from the lock before I can pull the handle)

Lars

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: