| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New boards on MatraSport - your input please  (Read 5424 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: July 23, 2007, 09:47:10 pm »

I have repeatedly been told that the MatraSport forum was missing some essential boards, but I have resisted for quite some time, as I am a crusty old dinosaur, who prefers simplicity (probably because my aging brain cannot cope?) .

However, I have been convinced (at least for now) that we could use a moderated board for announcements.

Announcements
The idea is that anyone organizing an event, or simply aware of an event with Matra relevance, can contact one of the moderators, who will post it in the announcements section.

Comments are not possible (except through a moderator), - in this way the announcements board will always be fairly easy to glance through for upcoming events.

Special features / Native languages
The other board I have created is at the bottom, called "new features" - currently it only holds one board, which however has a number of children - one for each necessary language.  People who don't feel comfortable posting in English can post here, and provided the expertise exists in their language, an answer may be posted - otherwise maybe a kind soul who can read this will post the question, and relay the information back.

I have created a Danish, French and German board, - but I really would like a volunteer to be the moderator for these - not that I will deny posting, but simply to have at least one person checking the board from time to time (also to edit my initial description, which in Germans and French probably isn't using the best wordings? - suggestions are welcome)

Your input wanted
Now, what do you all think about this ? - have I ruined the layout ? - made the MatraSport forum too complex , or too many groups ?

This forum belongs to all of us, so I don't feel entitled to just go an modify, so please tell me what you think, and if/how you'd like to modify things.

Regards

Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:38:03 pm »

Being one of those that have discussed this with Lennart, I welcome the changes made! The layout is still excellent and gives a good overview of things. I think the changes will work out fine.

As for the announcements section, I have volounteered to act as moderator, which means that if you have anything to announce, then just PM me - and I'll post it immediately. I usually check the forum at least once a day.

Lennart, you aren't crusty, nor a dinosaur Wink - and the keep-it-simple principle is always good. I think, however, that we can live with the slightly increased complexity we have now!

- Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: