| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Esapce TXE INJECTION PROBLEMS  (Read 6662 times)
espacefanghana

« on: September 01, 2007, 03:58:26 pm »

Good Afternoon fellas
I have a couple of problems with my renault which i would list here  hope to get some favourable answers 

1. for sometime now my renault has not been starting up well especially when it rains on when  the sun is  out does  it start up normally that is  after about 6 seconds ignition and me pumping the accelerator. if  thought this was a battery problem i  bought a new  battery and still it continues  to prevail.

i wiss i had seen this site earlier i wouldn't have tried  what i did.
2. i tried jump starting it today and the gear is in i think third now it cannot move forward  the only gear that now works is the reverse gear so i had to come home that way/.i would like to know how to fix  that also the stick feels funny now its hard and stiff i also have a problem with my central locking system does not work any more.you press it it does not  lock but u hear the sound.

Finally when i  am starting  the car i have realized  small amounts  of smoke comes from the metal rope connected to the  engine.

i would also like to inquire if any one has a spare  clock and  the one near the steering  wheel available.because  mine was stolen as well as a gear lever knobs

i am so worried because  this vehicle never gave me  problems apart from occasional maintenance  changing oil spark plugs fuel pump

thank you very much

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 11:50:59 pm »

1. for sometime now my renault has not been starting up well especially when it rains on when  the sun is  out does  it start up normally that is  after about 6 seconds ignition and me pumping the accelerator.

Why are you pumping the accelerator?  You have fuel injection!  Sometimes people used to pump the throttle with carburettor engines, since this activated the carb. pump jet and made the inlet richer with neat fuel, but this only helped if for some reason it was weak, or the cold start device was not working.  Pumping the throttle with fuel injection will have no effect other than to confuse the injection ECU!  Six seconds to start suggests it is not good anyway even when dry, so you need to start from scratch and work your way through the obvious things first.  Don't start looking for complicated answers until you have checked the basics.

If you are having problems starting with an injection system, and it is affected by damp - you say it is fine when sunny but a problem when raining if I understand you correctly? - then the fault lies either with poor H.T. and loss of spark, or poor connections in the electrics which are affected more when damp giving a loss of maybe a sensor signal.  I assume the engine is spinning over quickly and there is good and even cylinder compressions?

So these are the areas that need checking first.

2. i tried jump starting it today

You must be very careful about jump starting vehicles with electronic ECU's.  In fact it is not recommended, and I have seen too many damaged through this.

... and the gear is in i think third now it cannot move forward  the only gear that now works is the reverse gear so i had to come home that way/.i would like to know how to fix  that also the stick feels funny now its hard and stiff i also have a problem with my central locking system does not work any more.you press it it does not  lock but u hear the sound.

Sounds like you have a gear linkage problem, so you need to check if it is external or internal.  It may be something between the gear lever and 'box.

You will have to strip the door that is not locking to find out what has failed.  If you can hear the solenoid operating, but it is not locking then something connecting the solenoid to the lock mechanism or in the mechanism itself has failed.

Finally when i  am starting  the car i have realized  small amounts  of smoke comes from the metal rope connected to the  engine.

If you are referring to your engine earth strap, then you need to remove and clean all connections and maybe renew the earth strap, because if it is smoking it suggests a poor circuit, and this will affect all the electrics.

Roy

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 07:57:08 pm »

Welcome to the forum. I did see your e-mail, and I'm glad you apparantly found the forum yourself. Yours must be the first african Espace here?

I used to own an Espace like yours, but I have never had the problems you have. I have had other starting and running problems, but not yours. However, my experience as a car-owner in general is that if the car won't start when it's cold and wet, the problem is ignition cables, distributor cap and/or ignition coil. But as Roy also suggests, the earth braid should probably be replaced. Is it getting hot?

My car used to start in 2-3 seconds, so I also think your 6 seconds (when dry) sounds like too much.

Let us know what you find out!

Best wishes,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
espacefanghana

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 06:51:46 am »

Well i guess i am the first Espace from Africa
I CHECKED THE ELECRONICS AND MY GOD THEY ARE A MESS  FUSES BLOWN I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START FROM  Huh  and it does not look like whats in the manual at all i checked the gear lever  from below  and  its a wire that has been tied to connect it so i am going to look for the correct part and see if the gears will be good

espacefanghana

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 07:12:39 am »

yes the cable is getting hot  but then after i  use the car for like an hour when i come to start it there is no problem with starting
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 12:02:36 pm by espacefanghana » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: