| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 20 year anniversary Matra Meeting in Denmark  (Read 6111 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: September 13, 2007, 09:48:09 pm »

Some might have seen my post on the 'announcements' section already about the photos I have published on my gallery service. I repeat it here so we can have get comments on an open section of the forum. I would like to say to everyone visiting, that I think this is one of the finest selections of Matra cars I have seen for a long time. That combined with very beautiful surroundigs should make the photos really worth looking at for any Matra fan - whether you were there or not!

Every photo is commented, but in Danish. So for our non-danish visitors, I think I'll give a short resumé of what we did last weekend:

We assembled at the Johannes Larsen museum in Kerteminde. He was a painter and the museum is situated in his home. It is a very beautiful place, but the cars had to be parked on a parking lot nearby.

After visiten the museum, we had some sandwiches for a light lunch from Lars' blue Rancho. That also gave us a chance to look at the cars and talk. A lot of talking was done!

After a while, we headed north, to Fyns Hoved, which is on the top of Hindsholm, the part of Funen where Kerteminde is. It was very windy up there, but also very beautiful, and I think the cars were showing themselves very well. While we were there we moved the cars to a less windy place, and had cake and coffee - again served from Lars' Rancho.

It was afternoon when we headed south again, down the small roads to Bjørnegården, where Allan welcomed everyone and the cars were parked. This is another very beautiful place, which Allan (Murena-owner) runs as a B&B with his wife. Bjørnegården happens to be the birthplace of my grand mother, and has been the home for her familiy for centuries, so I feel particularly related to the place.

Thank you to Lars and Allan for organising this excellent event!

Here's the link:

[http://gallery.dinsen.net/v/public/matra07/]http://gallery.dinsen.net/v/public/matra07/[/url]

- Anders
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 08:28:56 am by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:23:18 pm »

First of all I would like to thanks Anders for his great pictures. Next I would like to thank all the members, ther wifes and children, for making this such a lovely weekend...I had a blast. This years meeting was recordbreaking when it comes to the number of Matras participating..... 17!! Matras. 1 530, 1 Rancho, 5 Bagheeras, 9 Murenas and 1 Espace. A fantastic sight. I am already looking forward to next years meeting, which will take place in Sønderjylland.

See you next year

Lars Tjørnelund

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: