| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tyre Wear or other problems.  (Read 5278 times)
TonyG

« on: October 18, 2007, 11:19:04 pm »

Today i replaced the front tyres as they where very well worn. The bloke who changed them said i have a problem with the suspension,excessive play top and bottom. He pointed out there was plenty of play in the tie rod/radius rod inner mounting suggesting that the bush was worn. To my horror when asking a local Renault dealer about replacing the bush i was told i needed to replace the whole tie rod. At nearly £150 each thats alot of money for the said item. What can  i do?  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

1992 Espace RXE
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:04:42 pm »

Try www.eurocarparts.com

Track rod ends complete with the steering arm are £26.77 each plus VAT.
They also do track rod ends separately at £11.64 each depending upon exactly what is worn.

Alternatively German, Swedish & French are progressively stocking more parts for the Espace.
www.gsfcarparts.com

My personal preference is EuroCar Parts for two reasons.
Firstly I find it much easier to check parts, availablility and price on their on-line system compared to GSF and secondly they often offer two options.... a cheaper "will fit" replacement part and an alternative higher priced but arguably better quality which is either a manufacturers original part or one made by the original equipment supplier. My recommendation from past experience would be to pay that bit extra and get parts made by Lemfoerder... they are OEM suppliers to the likes of BMW. I had Lemfoerder track rod ends and a new tie rod fitted to my old 5 Series and they were identical to what came off and are still perfect 7 years on.

Of course whatever parts are required you will need to get them fitted and the tracking re-set but your local garage should be able to do that.

Martin
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:08:08 pm by Martin Tyas » Logged

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: