| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Speedo Cable  (Read 6205 times)
davidewanprice
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:24:34 pm »

I was looking for an electrical problem under my dash and noticed the routing of my speedo cable isnt the best, tangled in other wires and was wondering is it easy to remove from the back of the dash and if so how, if its easy to damage etc, any advice would be good...
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:38:22 pm »

It's not too bad. You can pull it off the speedo on the back by pressing the white lock around it and pulling it backwards. But to get it detangled you also need to remove the instrument panel. This is described by Roy in another post, but the trick is to release the screws on the heater panel on the right and then push the instruments forward. It latches in the top and folds over towards the steering wheel column. Release the speedo cable first, so you don't pull it apart - I've done that once Sad

All this involves the famous Murena reverse sitting position with the feet towards the roof and the head under the dash Cheesy

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 06:35:32 pm »

That was easy! just didnt want to twist or pull till i knew what i was doing... thanks for the help
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:42:49 pm »

All this involves the famous Murena reverse sitting position with the feet towards the roof and the head under the dash Cheesy

Pictures?Huh?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: