| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: espace fans  (Read 19018 times)
tanner

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 01:46:17 am »

hi tony,
           if you are going down the scrappy and you are local to surrey can you see if any have a towbar i have searched hi and low for a second hand one.

rgds
stuart
TonyG

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 02:59:07 pm »

Hi. Sorry im in the midlands, have a few scrappies nearby,one has 6 espaces last time i was there.

1992 Espace RXE
TonyG

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 11:30:57 pm »

At the weekend went for a small drive just over 150 mile round trip, coolant temp ok but no fans. Stopped for a few minutes with engine running while i paid for a few parts,temp was in the red and nearly off the gauge. Found a garage and sat for a good 30 mins while temp came down,so i could take cap off to fill up with water. Topped up with water and drove back no problems. I let a local mechanic look at it, he has noticed that the heater pipes have been bypassed, could this be the problem??? We made a test lead for the fans, only one works, easy to fix. We checked the coolant level, looked ok until both of us pressed/squeezed rad hoses, nothing happened coolant level didnt rise. So tomorrow morning going to flush rad and engine out to see if that works and reconnect the heater. I hope this will solve the problem, is   there anything i should look out for when filling coolant up again???.

1992 Espace RXE
TonyG

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »

Hi all. Well I flushed the rad and engine out , coolant wasnt a rusty colour as it looked in top up bottle. Found all the bleed points ok including the one on the rad. Filled up with coolant ran engine for 10 mins or so,temp gauge was reading just on the red mark and  one fan kicked in ( better than no fans at all ). Fan connector not very good some corrosion in it ,so will make a new connector for it. So the next job is to reconnect the heater up once i have found where the hoses go too and test it.

1992 Espace RXE
TonyG

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 08:45:52 pm »

Merry Christmas

Finally got both fans to work, renewed the fan connections. While checking one of the fans I noticed one off the cables had been cut and joined together again very bad corrosion found renewed join. Both fans work when engine is up to temp.
Cheers Tony
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:55:17 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

1992 Espace RXE
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: