| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera front brake pads  (Read 22802 times)
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:45 am »

Of course. But if they dare to do that, nothing would prevent machining out the outer rim Keep the central part and welding this to 14 or 15 inches wheels. I know that this would look silly but adding extra lenght of alloy in the middle is already looking wrong to me
Stig

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 11:33:09 am »

Sounds like an expensive way of getting larger wheels.
I think we have to look for something already available that looks OK on the Bagheera.

I checked for some detailed info on the Volvo calipers but I could not find any dimensions.
The next time a pass a scrap yard I will pick one up and try for size.
Reconditioned calipers is available at around 90 Euro from several suppliers.

By the way. If I remember correctly you said that you have reproduced the conical center caps for the series 1 wheels. Do you have any for sale ?

Regards,

Stig
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 12:11:03 pm »

The ony thing remaining is chroming the plastic .  Roll Eyes
Stig

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 12:27:16 pm »

Hi Spyros,

I could live with having them painted in aluminium rather than not having any at all.
If you look closely at the pics I posted on Bagheera Cafe you can see that I have the cones up front and the flat ones at the back.

I have tested chromium look alike paint but it wears off quickly and cannot be over painted with clear paint so that is not an option.
Old fashion gold plating which is glued on would work but the colour is a bit wrong.

Stig
lewisman

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 09:40:11 pm »

My 2.2 Murena alloys are desperately in need of a refurb and I have a set of 15" five spoke TSW wheels (98mm pcd Fiat fitment + spacers) which look good on the car so if you were interested in a set of 5 murena alloys I would consider parting with them if they were of interest.
Stig

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 11:25:29 am »

Hi Spyros,

Here is a table showing the sizes of Volvo front disks.
They are a bit bigger than the Bagheera but maybe the calipers could be made to fit.

http://www.kgtrimning.com/bromsskivor.htm

Regards,

Stig
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: