| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sidedraughts  (Read 12674 times)
krede
YaBB God

« on: December 07, 2007, 06:43:09 pm »

I friend of mine is looking for a set of NEW weber 45's and has his eys on some from "Deamon tweaks"..
Now.. I have convinced him that Deamontweaks is by no means the cheapest place to buy them in UK as I find most of their stuff quite expensive.
Can anybody tell me if there is a better place to buy webers?... preferebly with a website/online shop ?
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:17:34 am »

I use this guy regularly and he is very helpful. Not sure how the prices compare though.

http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk/
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:52:48 am »

Yep.. Ive bought a few things from him aswell... .. nice guy.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 03:41:12 pm »

I friend of mine is looking for a set of NEW weber 45's and has his eys on some from "Deamon tweaks"..
Now.. I have convinced him that Deamontweaks is by no means the cheapest place to buy them in UK as I find most of their stuff quite expensive.
Can anybody tell me if there is a better place to buy webers?... preferebly with a website/online shop ?

Not sure about Webers or even 45 side draught carbs. but I know where you can probably get cheap Dell'Orto 40 DHLA's.  These are fine for 2.2 Murena up to at least 150 bhp and probably more.

They come from Lotus 907 engines when owners upgrade to bigger things!

Roy

RazorbackNOR

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 04:32:50 pm »

Roy, will the Dell'Orto 40 DHLA's help anything unless one also changes the cam, or will it improve torque/HP by itself?

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:16:13 am »

Razor: Take my advice... Forget about Sidedraughts... they are not worth the trouble.. even with a better cam you can get the same kind of power with a "normal" Carb.

IMHO there is not enough room to fit the twin carbs properly in a murena.
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:57:39 am »

Nonsense, the sound of sidedraughts with an open air filter makes your hair (and other bits...) stand on end and are worth all the sacrifices. Go for them, I say.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 10:12:04 pm »

Roy, will the Dell'Orto 40 DHLA's help anything unless one also changes the cam, or will it improve torque/HP by itself?

No.  The first improvement must always be a better cam so the engine can breathe better.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: