| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: removal or roof lining?  (Read 18079 times)
hru

Murena Lover :-)

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 10:22:11 pm »

the rivets are placed beneath the rubber trim. Maybe even beneath some filler.

Yes  - the rivets are hidden under the rubber trim.
There are also rivets under the front window - cannot be removed without having the window out.

/Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
davidewanprice
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 11:45:14 pm »

Finally i've got round to sorting the roof banging on the chassis. In the clear light of day (something i rearly see due to work at the moment) i could see the roof panel had come un-stuck so I used some window sealent which although never truely sets, remains sticky and has finally fixed my car! It sound Fantastic! Now to put the roof lining back enjoy my car! Well Next year as ive taken it off the road, Roll on spring!
hru

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:11:51 pm »

Hi David

I have the roof complety off for the moment. So I send a few pictures that make it easier to see what is happening.

I also notice that there are two kinds/sizes of inner roof - as you can see on the picture the one behind has a longer overhang to the front window - 3-4 centimeters.

/Henrik

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:14:06 pm by hru » Logged

Matra Murena 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 03:17:33 pm »

20 year old French car.... and not a hint of rust..... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Cheesy
hru

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 09:09:39 pm »

.... and not a hint of rust.....

True !

I have problems with the paint sticking to zink surface - specially the black plastic coat under the front window and at the rear window.
For the same reasons many front windows are not tight and need sealing from time to time.

Since the roof was half loose anyway, I decided to take it off completly to have the area fullly free for work.

Only problem now is the logistics  Grin
Getting new black paint   - gluing the roof again - getting the rest of the car painted.
And I don't have an autotransporter Sad

/Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: