| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Slight mods for a Rancho ?  (Read 8157 times)
Mark - formerly c5alive.co.uk

« on: February 01, 2008, 11:39:28 am »

I want to do some very slight modifications to my Rancho, not alot as I want it to be pretty much original, but I do want a few small changes to it to make it more "smart"  but need some help !!

Firstly, I would like to put a nice steering wheel into, a momo, sparco or simlilar wheel. I have a copy of the Carniossieur Catalogue here and there are some really nice wheels in there, however, there is not a hub kit adapter for it so I would like to know, if I buy a wheel, is there a way round it so I can still fit it, or does anyone know where i can get an adapter from ?

I have some 15" Fiat alloys here which I am sure will fit the Rancho ( will try later ) but can anyone recommend what tyre size I should fit to the wheels to suit the Ranchos running order - or should I forget the wheels and stick with 14" alloys  ?

Thanks for any help

Mark

2 Matra Ranchos
1 Mazda E2000
21 Sinclair C5's !!!
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:21:29 pm »

Hi
The stearing on the rancho is quit heavy at low speeds so do not fit a small stearing wheel (unless you have some strong arms)
Adapters for steeringwheel: like any other Simca, Talbo or Matra

Hans
lewisman

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:13:07 pm »

The steering wheel boss kit for the Rancho is not always listed but it is the same as the Talbot Sunbeam (surprising since the Sunbeam was based on Avenger parts rather than Simca ones) which is still listed - possibly because of the Lotus Sunbeam.

As Hans says, avoid small wheels or the steering will be ridiculously heavy.  Moto Lita do boss kits and used to do larger diameter wheels for older cars which might suit better.  Anthony (aka Macaroni) has a Moto Lita wheel on his murena but it will probably be quite a small diameter wheel.

By the way your Fiat wheels will have the correct 98mm pcd (holes on the correct diameter) but be careful with the offset (especially at the rear where there is not much clearance at the top of the suspension travel) and the centre bore.

David
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: