| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rancho Parts Needed  (Read 6343 times)
Mark - formerly c5alive.co.uk

« on: January 03, 2008, 11:31:11 am »

Hi

I am desperatley seeking the following parts for my two Ranchos....

Rear seats ( the ones in the boot to make it a 6 seater )
Wing top spotlights ( I do have these but the condition of them are poor )
Standard Roof rack bars

Also, can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to fit central locking to the Rancho, on the two passenger doors ?

And lastly, is it possible to fit power steering to the Rancho, as one of the Ranchos I am restoring is for my dear old dad, and he needds power steering due to his arthritis.

Many thanks for any info or help

Mark
C5Alive.co.uk

2 Matra Ranchos
1 Mazda E2000
21 Sinclair C5's !!!
lewisman

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:56:19 am »

Hi Mark
I have a pair of good Rancho scuttle spotlights which should be in good condition (they are buried in a box in my loft somewhere and haven't seen the light of day for a while so I will need to find them to check that they are still okay). 

You will need to find a replacement baseplate for one of them - I will check which side when I locate the lights.   The plastic between the base and the light on both had broken so I had made up a new part in brass, but stupidly binned one of the mounting plates only to discover I was left with two the same side!

I did have a spare set of rear seats but I think that they have been skipped. I still have the head rests though, so you are welcome to them.

I will PM you when I find the lights.

I am pretty sure that the main steering rack is the same so it should be possible to retrofit a power steering rack from a Horizon or an Alpine/Solara but they are getting hard to find.  I can't remember if you will have enough space round the engine bay to fit a power steering pump though.

Good luck.

David
Mark - formerly c5alive.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 08:01:13 pm »

David

That would be great, thanks. I actually have the baseplates for the lights, just not got the lights.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks David,

Mark
C5Alive.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:44:01 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

2 Matra Ranchos
1 Mazda E2000
21 Sinclair C5's !!!
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:07:23 pm »

Installing central locking i a Rancho is just as easy as fitting an universial central locking system in any other car.
The space for working inside the doors are limited so if you have small hands it will be a benefit. I made central locking for the rear door as well. That was a bit more difficult as I basically had to invent an additional locking system for the door (but it is working fine).
Whe the Matra Club members are teasing me because I have central locking in the Rancho, I inform them that all X models in Denmark have cental locking (there is only one X model in DK, i.e. mine)

If you manage to fit servostearing into the Rancho I will be very interested to get some info.

As I have broken two Ranchos up for parts I have extra Rancho drive lines in store, but getting one from DK to UK is not that easy nor cheap.

Regards Hans
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: