| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Urgent: Coming to Europe, how to connect iPod to Espace L?  (Read 9289 times)
Espace_Canuck

I'm a llama!

« on: June 24, 2005, 06:34:05 am »

Thanks in advance for any help.  I've leased an Espace L for an imminent trip to Italy.  All I know about teh model details is that it has a V6 3.0 diesel Auto and GPS.  I've been trying (in vain) to find some sort of pdf brochure with specifications for the different Espace models to find out what kind of audio equipment this model might have so that I know what kind of connector to bring for hook my iPod up.

Does anyone know the best way to do this?  I've got a cassette adapter for use at home in Canada but I suspect that there is no cassette deck in this car.  I would rather not buy an FM transmitter just for this trip but if that's the only way then that's what I'll do.  

Thanks to all for any advice.
Will Falconer

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 11:15:44 am »

Unfortunately the Espace L is not built or designed by Matra so you probably won't get a response from this forum.

In the J series the hi-fi base was under the RHD driver's seat and required removal of the seat just to get to the antenna socket.

If the L Series is similar I think you might find an FM trasmitter the easy option. They are illegal here in the UK so you may want to check on the situation in Italy
The Sea Dog

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 02:16:40 am »

If the L Series is similar I think you might find an FM trasmitter the easy option. They are illegal here in the UK so you may want to check on the situation in Italy

Where the hell did you get that info from, illegal, I very much doubt it.
Will Falconer

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 08:24:31 am »

Yes they are. I actually bought  one to use as a hands-free for my phone but checked with a friend - and very long term Matra owner - whose job it is to police such things for our government, and returned it the supplier on his advice.

That was 2 years ago and I believe they are now considering relaxing the law as iPod users are forcing the issue.

I believe you are more likely to get into trouble for selling them rather than using them.
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 10:37:33 pm »

I can second WIll on that, - they are illegal here in Denmark too, as any other unauthorized radio transmitter is. the national FCC's are very strict or I guess you could say conservative.

A related story, - In France the Apple AirPort (wireless networking on the 400Mhz band) was initially banned, but then they were forced to allow it partly, - so the message was:
"You can use the AirPort i France, as long as you don't use it near any of our secret military bases"...

well, go figure how you should know where the secret bases were,m but that was the message...
I think they have later abandonned that stupid wording :-)

I hope/guess the same will eventually happen with the iPod transmitters.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:37:57 pm by Lennart » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: