| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Just orderd Megasquirt  (Read 18959 times)
uberprutser

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 03:51:43 pm »

I've seen the bs-autotune lpg injection and I must say it looks very good.
It's probably a bit expensive but I will definitely consider it when it helps me get a decent mileage from a 55 liter LPG tank in my 2.2 Murena. With only about 44 liters (80% fill rate) of LPG, mileage is a real concern for me when converting to LPG only. And no, I don't want a LPG tank in the boot of the car.

I'm preferring kdfi over megajolt lite since it has some nice features like knock sensing, lambda control and LPG injection. But I'm not sure if I really need those nice features and implementing them will make the installation much more expensive and complicated compared to megajolt lite.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »

Ah,,,, Megasqauirt.  Grin
I have a MegaSquirt project waiting to be installed in my Murena. Anders decided not to do it on his, so I bought his 505 injection/turbo intake manifold, which should be a straight fit to the Murena. I got a wide-band Lambda probe and the MegaSquirt kit with a prof-looking box and multi point, water proof, connector with 3 meters of wires. All I need to do is get started  Cheesy
Unfortunately personal problems and a lack of work stpace has put a hold on the project. It will happen, though. Before it does, I want to have the engine overhauled, dynamic balancing, honed cylinders, etc. Re- grinding a cam-shaft to S specs is also on the wish list. Oh, if I only had the time for it all now.... Angry
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:55:51 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
uberprutser

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 09:37:13 pm »

Too many projects,plans and ideas, too little time. I know the feeling. Smiley

But it's good to know more people are working on efi. (Even Carjoy is working on something) How are you planning to setup your ignition? Are you going to use the distributor for input or are you going with a 36-1 trigger wheel?

But are you saying that you can fix a 205 intake manifold to a 2.2 head?
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 09:39:47 pm »

I have a MegaSquirt project waiting to be installed in my Murena. Anders decided not to do it on his, so I bought his 205 GTI turbo intake manifold, which should be a straight fit to the Murena.

Nonono, it's a 505 Turbo manifold Smiley

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »

I have a MegaSquirt project waiting to be installed in my Murena. Anders decided not to do it on his, so I bought his 205 GTI turbo intake manifold, which should be a straight fit to the Murena.

Nonono, it's a 505 Turbo manifold Smiley

/Anders
That was a typo, so I corrected the post to avoid confusion if anyone else are trying for this. Cheesy

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: