| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: ALARM - Front wheel suspension  (Read 18516 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 08:36:55 pm »

It's the upper A-arm that failed for Megatech.

Indeed - and he has sent me this picture - note that before it was ripped apart, it was covered in anti-corrosion sealant, - which nicely covered the true condition...

I envision most of us Murena owners having a extra good look at our cars now ...

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 09:02:36 pm »

WHAAAAHHH!!
That's ugly!!..... but the rusted bolt should have given a clue as to the condition of the assembly!..
But.. luckily its easy to replace the wishbone.. well.... when its not rusted solid as it appears to be on the picture.....

I have noticed that on my car, the front compartment has a tendency to collect A LOT of dirt from the road......this appears to be a general issue?

davidewanprice
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 09:57:05 pm »

Im always amazed by the amount of dust and dirt collected where the battery is, I was considering placing plastic/rubber flap of the openings to try to keep it out. 
JV

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 11:07:51 am »

I have had exactly the same problem as MegaTech with my Murena about 15 months ago. Strange reactions when steering and I have driven home very carefully.
When passing a bump near home I heard nasty noises from the right front wheel.  Inspection learned me that the upper triangle almost totally had been torn loose from the chassis. Carjoy said they had never seen before.

I have another Murena now. But careful inspection of your Murena triangles is wise.

Jan Verdam

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: