| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Carb trouble  (Read 30988 times)
André DEWAEL

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 02:51:59 pm »

André, welcome to the forum. Good to have you here

Thank you for your welcome !

In the years ’90, I bought a new carburetor at Delcourt (MATRA stock parts in France).
It’s a new SOLEX 34 CIC for Murena 2.2
The price is : 300 € + carriage.

I have a second carburetor (the same original Murena 2.2 : SOLEX 34 CIC). It’s old of 50000 km but in very good condition.  The price is : 150 € + carriage.

Best regards,
phil75

Matra Passion Member

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 12:33:41 pm »

Bienvenue André  Wink sur cet autre forum Matra

- Philippe -
Matra Murena 2.2 1983 engine 20000 km
Yamaha R1 2004  9000 km (engine)
VW Golf II 1.8 1990 209000 km
Rover 111 1994 155000 km
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 03:59:18 pm »

Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder if this one could have something to do with the bad running of the engine..... Since it connects to the manifold after the carb and is FAR to wide for the connector....

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 10:45:22 pm »

Anders, do you remember the temp.unit Bjørn Anders replaced with the one you supplied? The old one was still in a box in the car, so I took the old mulitmeter and checked the reistence in it, seem to work fine, and gave an different reading after putting it in hot water, so shouldnt it be working just fine.....?

Could be, Bjørn Anders could not find out which one was faulty. It's either the sensor, the wiring or the instrument itself. The instrument is unlikely to be faulty (but it can't be ruled out, of course), so I think you should check the wiring carefully first using your multimeter, measuring from the instrument side back to the sensor. You can then compare measurements with those taken on the sensor itself  (with the connection disconnected of course).

The sensor is supposed to have the following approximate resistance values, but I haven't been able to confirm them by actual measurements:

50 deg C: 70 Ohm
80 deg C: 30 Ohm
110 deg C: 13 Ohm

Did some more checking now.....

Grounded the wire to the temp sensor in the enginebay, and the meter went all the way to the top, both of the temp sensors also give a reading on the ohm-meter, but no reaction on the meter in the car....
From this I would say that the wiring seems to be okay, since it is transmitting the signal.
The meter also seems okay, or is there something with it so it need lower resistance from the sensor?
Or is the sensors(even both) broken, so much so that they are giving a too high resistence for the meter to give a reading?

Huh Huh Huh

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 10:58:57 pm »

Control if the engine has good ground.
Sometimes connections from front to rear are coroded.
Also because of bad ground engine can run badly.
Fix the hose.
Get the sensor out and try with a lighter first grounding it ofcourse.
Check for air in the watersystem.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: