| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Fitting Golf II headlights for Murena  (Read 51592 times)
klumzer

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 10:15:21 pm »

OK.
Thanks in advance, I sent you a PM.

Are you doing a spring-cleaning in the garage?  Wink
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 10:41:04 pm »

Haha yes
So much small stuff laying around here but can't trough away anything Matra related.
The most stupid things sometimes comes in handy.
I keep you posted about the shipment.
The part is for free.

Greets herman

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
klumzer

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 11:10:26 pm »

Thank you very much.

I have the Matra since June and I have small bits even in the living room. My girlfriend is not so happy about it... Smiley
klumzer

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 03:22:49 pm »

Haha yes
So much small stuff laying around here but can't trough away anything Matra related.
The most stupid things sometimes comes in handy.
I keep you posted about the shipment.
The part is for free.

Greets herman

Hi Herman,
I have got the package. Thank you so much.

Now I am busy with the replacement of the plastic mountings. I have found some quite good alternative parts. When I finished it I will post some photos.
matramurena

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2019, 10:05:20 pm »

Sorry to bring up such an old topic again guys!

However, my car has to go to MOT this month and the headlights are just appaling. The glass is completely dull and because it is actually very good quality old glass instead of the cheap plastic you get nowadays as a headlight, buffing them up to shine just does not work. (especially because it is also the inside)

So after I checked for the price of a new set of NOS Murena headlights I decided to get a pair of Golf II headlamps. I just figured that since I am not planning on ever installing the original ones again and the plastic adjustment thingies are all too flumsy after 35 years why not just use the complete Golf bracket that comes with the lights?

So I measured a bit and it seems to be possible.

Of course this means some cutting in the original lights. But as I said I am not planning on installing the old ones again so it does not matter to me. After some measuring and (a bit too much) cutting the lights came to fit! And the result is satisfactory. They stand a bit more forward than original, but that means they fill the hole in tha plastic really nicely. For me it is good enough.

And the ones I bought came with a surpirise I did not pay attention too whilst ordering..... Angel eyes!

So if anyone was wondering.... it is possible to replace the Murena headlights with Golf II headlights and use the Golf bracket with adjustment screws to replace the Murena ones. It requires a lot of measuring and a bit of cutting, but they are cheap and give good light.

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2019, 11:30:41 am »

Quote.
especially because it is also the inside.
==========================

Fill them with fine bird-sand and shake it for a while and you get a nice shine inside.
Ofcoarse rust wil not be deleted by that.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
matramurena

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2019, 05:17:06 pm »

I think these were too far gone to polish with birdsand. Would probably loose all the chrome on the inside before the glass starts to shine.  Cheesy

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: