| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: insurance forsikring  (Read 11638 times)
teknob

« on: February 18, 2008, 07:21:24 pm »

hwere to get a classic car insurance in denmark , for my murena 82.....
hvor tegner man en fornuftig forsikring til sin murena 82.............
hilsen karsten
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:32:01 pm »

Hi
For a vehicle that is more than 25 years old you can get an insurance through a classic car club as an eample "Nordjysk Veteranbil Klub", they use the insurance company "Runa"
As i remember the conditions this are:
- the must have an additional car for your daily drive
- you must have a garage for your classic car
- the car ust be in original condition
Reasently I think that the conditions are changed so you are not allowed to drive your cclassic car during  the wniter.
Insuring a Murena in a normal car insurance company in Denmark is according to my expierience almost impossible, even if you have all your other insurances with that company and you have been driven with out any claimes for many years (I my case 40 years with out any insurance claim!!)

Hans
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:03:08 pm »

Hi Karsten.
I have my cars insured at "Nordisk veteranbilforsikring". Its a division of Alm. Brand. The car has to be at least 25 years old, and you must have another everyday-car. the prices are very fair. a 75.000 kr. car. costs 1.771,- (ansvar og kasko). they have a pricelist at their website.

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
teknob

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 07:20:23 pm »

thanks for the information,but i suppose that ill ride the car al year so...........
il have to have a legal insurrance somehvere.....no casco..........
with regards karsten
jeko

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 09:39:28 pm »

Hi

As I remember, if you pay 25% more, you are allowed to drive your car the whole year.
You are not allowed to drive more 6000 km a year, but I don't think they check, because I didn't had to tell how much the car had driven.
But call them, and ask.

Best regards

Jeko
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 04:59:45 pm »

With Nordisk veteranbilforsikring there is also a milage limit (7000 km/year I think).

Kasko on a murena is very expensive as it falls into the "special vehicle" catagory... along with porsches musclecars etc.. so depending on the company its everything from 20 to 50% on top of the premium.
This also means that no "cheap" insurance companies will insure it (kasko).
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:16:51 pm »

Hi Krede,
Yes you are right, according to Danish insurance companies a Murana is a dangerous muscle car and that is even with out any turbo charging of the engine. "Topdanmark" has the Murana on a list of power cars such as Ferrari and Porsche that that they will not insure.
However after a few years and some negotiating my contact at Topdanmark agreed to insure my Murana with comprehensive all-risk insurance (kasko) at a fee of 7200 kr per year. My family has all our insurance polices with Topdanmak and have over the years paid a fortune for insurance cover of our farm buildings, and we have not made an insurance claim on our cars for 40 years.

Hans
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 10:34:32 pm »

Hi Hans.
I cant understand why you( and others) dont get the Murenas insured by Nordisk veteranbilforsikring. If you pay 7.200 today, you can cut of at least 5.000,- and still drive your car all year with full kasko and all ( well actually you cant drive anywere, since you havent got any exhaust for your car Grin). Murenas up till ´83 ( 25 years old) are accepted without problems unless they are extremely not-original.

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 05:21:22 am »

I will in the future

hans
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:11 am »

I pay roughly the same as you Hans.
Though be it at "Tryg".. and I have to buy an additional second insurance (fritids/ulykke or indbo) in order for them to even insure the car.

But I must say that even though Tryg is expensive.. I have so far been impressed with the level of covarage, and service.

As for Nordisk... I don't have a second "everyday" car..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: