| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grand Espace III (JEOK) New Exhaust  (Read 4955 times)
Sparky

« on: April 06, 2008, 01:31:39 am »

After the temporary repair to the exhaust system last year, the rest of the exhaust has finally given up. broken into 3 sections, 1. the back box, 2. the centre section to just beyond the Catalytic converter flange joint, 3. The manifold to Catalytic converter.
Having searched the forums and several Internet sites I found some difficulty in locating the right system for the Grand Espace due to its additional length and the fact that the last of the series III models (2002) were different from the models 97-2001.  Most exhaust suppliers came back with "Its a main dealer part only Sir !",so I've taken the bull by the horns and gone along the radical route of having a complete new exhaust made out of Stainless steel fitted from the Cat back to the tail pipe for a reasonable cost, complete with a lifetime warrenty which should outlast the  engine.  I did spend a little extra as I had a dual tail pipe fitted to help balance the rear of the car astheticaly.  It is no noisier than the original for similar costs and looks far better in my opinion.
The company that fitted it for me were MIJ Performance of Walsall UK who were a pleasure to deal with. A very professional outfit and wonderful reception staff (Becky  Wink).
I'll try and get a couple of photographs when I wash the car next.

Regards Sparky

Attached Photo Please log in to view.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:41:03 am by Sparky » Logged

Drives:
Renault Grand Espace III 2.2Dci The Race
Renault SL29 Trafic 1.9Dci, Citroen XM 2.1TD Break
BMW's K1200LT, R1100GS & R65
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:56:03 pm »

Hi Sparky,

That's an excellent experience you are sharing there! I have been thinking about doing the same when the cheap exhaust I have eventually fails. It's two years old now, and already quite rusty. Stainless steel is the only practial choise in countries like UK and Denmark where exhausts rot away in no time at all.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos.

Cheers,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: