| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Weird problem with the front lights  (Read 6974 times)
Blom

« on: April 14, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »

Hi, we have had a small surgery made on our Grand Espace 3.0 V6 24V so that the lights automatically turns on when starting the engine. Suddenly after app. ½ year driving with this new setup, other cars are starting to flash us regularly. One day one of my frinds bypassed me in the traffic and he noticed that there werent any lights on the car. After he told me this, I kind of figured that when someone flashes me in the traffic, its because there arent lights on.. So I pull the car to the side and inspects the lights, but every time I walk outside, there are lights on. Do any of you know what could cause this? besides a loose wire? The authorized Renault Garage, dont know what could cause this, and in a veague moment he suggested that they had reprogrammed the computer in the car, so that the lights were allways on.. Im not so sure about this explanation, we allso paid quite an amount getting this fixed... So.. once again I need to know a bit more before confronting the Garage and ask them to fix it.

Offcourse it can be difficult, when its periodic, but I can only tell what we notice and thats that other cars are flashing their lights at us and our friend allso noticed it.

thanks
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 10:10:17 pm »

Hi Blom

It's not possible to reprogram the computer on the Espace to automatic daylight driving lights. It has to be done electrically, i.e. with a couple of relays. You should go back to whoever did the surgery and ask them to fix the loose connection.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Blom

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 10:44:35 pm »

Hi Anders

So I told the garage, but im amazed every time... He is the professional one, and I have to tell him that it cant be programmed into the computer... Well, could it be anything else than loose wires? And do you have any clues where they might be? The funny part of it is that every time ill check the lights after beeing flashed, the lights are on.. Only because a friend saw it, I know its because the lights out..

Thanks anyhow Smiley
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 03:53:22 am »

Hi, we have had a small surgery made on our Grand Espace 3.0 V6 24V so that the lights automatically turns on when starting the engine...  So.. once again I need to know a bit more before confronting the Garage and ask them to fix it...

thanks

It's not likely anyone can tell you what is wrong here Blom, since we don't know what modifications were done to the system.  It is bad enough trying to do remote diagnosis anyway, but at least one would know the circuits and fittings if it is standard.  It certainly is not a re-configuration in a computer, so you are going to have to either go back to the person that did the mods. like Anders said, or get an intelligent electrician to figure out what was done and then he should be able to work out what is wrong.  The mods. should have been recorded as part of the job.

To everyone here: if ever you or anyone does any modifications to any wiring, you should make sure you have the new wiring circuits drawn up and attached to the car's manual or handbook.  Too many times I have come across electrical alterations with no records of what was done, and you then have to spend many minutes or hours working out what was done before you can attempt any diagnosis or repairs.

I always draw mine out first as it makes it easier to do the mod. anyway, as you have something to follow.  You then have the record for later - because even if it is you that has has to work on it some years later you will have forgotten exactly what you did!  If the car is sold to someone else they certainly wouldn't know what you did.

Roy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:55:27 am by roy4matra » Logged

Blom

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 10:04:42 pm »

Your right Roy... im still waiting for the garage to come back to me, the mechanic were on a workshop last week, so in this week illl might have an answer to the circuit and perhaps a solution aswell.

ill get back, if and when a solution is in place.

Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: