| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: brakes finally overhauled  (Read 4555 times)
Oskar

« on: April 19, 2008, 06:31:34 pm »

Now Ive finally fixed the rear brakes. took me almost 5 hours but the sun was shining...  Roll Eyes

After last MOT he could just rotate the wheel with one hand (that’s the rule for alignment brake)
But for my own sake I want to save brake dust, fuel and brake pads Cheesy

Everything came of easy and I followed the brake overhaul manual, step by step.
Since the handbrake worked I didn’t bother separating and checking that.

The piston was not that stuck that I thought it would. I could easily rotate it but no way rotate it and press it in by hand.

After pressing it I used the bit to clear the clamping from the brakeholder.
But im a bit confused here because it will not be doing so much work when hitting it in on these brakes. The piston itself will be squeezed in between and I think it damage more than doing good 
Anyway the depresser was put on top and we started depressing. It takes extreme forces. But it came of. Cheesy   and I was soooooo happy. I think there where many bad words…
I don’t know if I depressed the housing the right way, the manual didn’t say which way so I guess it doesn’t matter ?

The piston and everything seemed in good nick. I used molybden grease from biltema when I reassembled everything.

Tomorrows I bleed the system from air and hope for the best 

The car rolled very easy after this. I had to use some bricks preventing it from going down the street!

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Oskar

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 06:32:22 pm »

cleaned Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: