| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: idle speed control valve ????  (Read 6081 times)
rickuk72

« on: April 20, 2008, 01:10:16 pm »

Hi all,

have a problem with my 1999 3.0l auto grand espace. recently the car seems to stall when coming to a stop or when sitting at lights.
my guess is that its the ICV, so my question is....where is it ? could some one post me a pic of it's location. Also is it possible to clean these up yourself ?
any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Richard
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:43:05 pm »

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum.

Idle control valve is difficult to get at and not usually playing up. The typical problem with these engines on the problem you have is that the water temperature sensor fails. This causes the engine to run way too rich. It usually gets better once the engine has warmed up properly.

But if you want to check the idle control valve, it's sitting behind the inlet manifold, which needs to be removed to get at it, I think. So I sugest you get the temperature sensor checked first and replaced if necessary. It's best checked using the Renault diagnostic equipment "clip". Intermittently, the snesor can fail and show e.g. -30 degrees.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
rickuk72

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:48:14 pm »

thanks for the reply,

car seems to be doing this at all temperatures but will give this ago first. so my next question is.....where is the water temperature sensor located ??

another quicky.... have a fuse a can not identify....its in the fuse box under passenger floor. the symbol on the cover is a round circle with 2 dots in side it. any ideas Huh
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 02:03:30 pm »

thanks for the reply,

car seems to be doing this at all temperatures but will give this ago first. so my next question is.....where is the water temperature sensor located ??

We had that question in a previous thread:
http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php?topic=885.0

another quicky.... have a fuse a can not identify....its in the fuse box under passenger floor. the symbol on the cover is a round circle with 2 dots in side it. any ideas Huh

That's the 12V outlet between the front seats Wink

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
rickuk72

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:53:16 am »

thanks again for the reply,
not sure if it's the water temp sensor as it seems to be doing this at all temps. but as it's the cheapest i will try this first. having the cambelt, water pump, and plugs changed in a couple of weeks so would be a good time to change the isc vavle sensor.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: