| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hi  (Read 8608 times)
paul-g

hi
« on: August 28, 2005, 04:23:04 am »

hi all, i have a 93 espace 2.0ltr, i came across this forum while browsing the web and thought it to be a great idea so here i am!
i have just rebuilt the engine in mine and am in the process of getting it back on the road, i bought it cheap as the big ends had failed. i have gained a lot of experience with the engine and management system and have collected a lot of tech info in the process which i found to be a major headache so if i can be of help i will be happy to do so as i'm sure any problems i have you will be of help......regards paul.  
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 06:27:56 am »

Hi Paul and Welcome!

It sounds like an interesting project you had there. I have been researching on the engine management too. I have not had reason to rebuild my engine yet, which is the same as yours, though it's a year 1989.

Where have you found info?

Cheers,
Anders

Owner of a 1987 2,2 injection Espace - Phase 1

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
paul-g

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:43:43 pm »

Hi Anders, thanks for the welcome, it took me a long time to get the info on the management system, in the uk it seems to be very difficult to get the data unless you are in the motor trade, I work as a truck technician but have very limited contact in the car side, fortunately for me a friend managed to get info from autodata, also i purchased a "renault workshop manual" on cd's from e-bay which is basically a copy of renaults dialogys system, it does not contain all the info for the espace but has been very useful, finally i came across you're home page and was able to compare the ecu inputs/outputs with you're info,(i sent you an e-mail thanking you for you're efforts), so armed with all the data i needed i managed to sort out problems with fast idle right down to a faulty ecu which i had repaired, regards paul.
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 07:27:43 am »

Hi Paul,

If you are in the UK, I can recommend you to contact/join the Matra Enthusiast Club, where you probably can get more help locating information - especially from Roy Gillard (London) who also used to be a truck mechanic, but for the last 5-6 years has been 100% Renault Espace mechanic.

Club contact is here:
    http://www.matrasport.dk/pointers.html#clubs

/Lennart
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 07:28:11 am by Lennart » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
paul-g

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 11:55:36 pm »

Hi Lennart, my apologies for time taken to reply, thanks for the link will check it out i'm sure it will be very useful.
regards Paul.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: