| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Air Filter Decal 1.6  (Read 8532 times)
murramor

« on: August 26, 2008, 04:06:15 am »

I have been trying to recreate the stencil on a 1.6 air filter using my very rusted original, a couple of pictures and some advice from Will Falconer.

Could someone, who knows French, check the spelling and whether I have the accents correct please?  Also, if someone has a 1.6 handy could you look at the little rosette and tell me whether the letters are 'LC' or 'LG'.   I know I am being a little pedantic as the final size is so small that nobody would notice but I may as well get it correct seeing I have spent so much time learning a Photoshop type program.

I intend to print it on a transparent sticker as I can't imagine how I would create a stencil exactly like the original!

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:48:36 am »

I'm impressed! Cool

The accents look correct to me. I don't have a label to check though.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:42:16 am »

Great work.

If the accents needs to be there, replace élément and pièce. But on capital letters, usualy we don't use accents   
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 10:14:17 am »

If the accents needs to be there, replace élément and pièce. But on capital letters, usualy we don't use accents  

Being among the lousiest french speakers in the world  Embarrassed I'm not really in a position to have an opinion. But I'm thinking that since the entire text is capitalised it would be most correct to use the accents.... Wink

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
murramor

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:57:35 am »

The accents are definitely there on the original but I can't see which way they face. There seem to be two types of accents in the original but a couple are only 'blobs' so I have guessed which way they face to some extent depending on how I think the sounds would come out.  Am I correct in thinking that there are indeed 2 types of accents?

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
murramor

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 11:00:57 am »

Great work.

OOPS!    I should have looked closely at the above - I can see 2 types of accents in what Spyros wrote.

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: