| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Le Mans 2004  (Read 14286 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: January 17, 2004, 01:25:34 am »

Don't forget the 24H of Le Mans race.

Should we attempt to meet up ? - I'll be there for the entire race-week, for www.club-arnage.com

If you cannot make it, - check out our coverage, which is all english content on the official ACO website:  http://www.lemans.org

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Derek

Let's head to LeMans.

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 11:04:45 am »

I envy your trip to LeMans, Lennart.  Who do you think will take the overall win this year?

Derek (USA)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 11:24:30 pm »

well, an almost boring suggestion will be Tom K / Audi - againagain

However, I look forward to (hopefully) see the Panoz Batmobile back on the track, - it was (and will be) such a breath of fresh air :-)

I like the new technological attempts, - like new fuels or engines. I'd love to see more Wankel, Ethanol  etc.

The new rules allow for diesel powered cars, and there will be one 5-litre turbo-diesel LMP car (fittingly the Lola-Caterpillar), while the Nasamax-Judd bio-ethanol powered car returns.

Traditionally diesel has been frawned upon, but consider the low-revs, great torque, good fueleconomy, and you have an interesting setup for an endurance race.

In GT we have the Zonda, which also looks and sounds refreshingly different, - but I will miss the lovely Spyker this year. Hope they will be back in 2005.

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Abe

Who wants a Golf anyway?

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 11:08:15 pm »

<quote>  but I will miss the lovely Spyker this year. Hope they will be back in 2005.  <unquote>

as a dutchman that's nice to hear, we are somewhat proud that there's a car like this built in the netherlands..

i can't make it to Lemans this year, hopefully next year.. have fun..!

Abe

How many times do i have to tell you it's NOT! a Delorean.. those dutch.. what do they know about cars..
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 12:35:40 am »

You should be proud Abe, - I really like that car. Its just slightly astronomically expensive :-/

Check my 2002 mpeg clip - and listen:
  http://www.matrasport.dk/lemans/2002/raceweek/12wed/Misc/mvc-216w.mpg

In  general I keep a  gallery of pictures an mpegs from Le Mans races at http://www.matrasport.dk/lemans/  - there are other clips with the spyker, - somewhere I have a clip from within the garage, when they test the engine at full song ... I was standing BEHIND the exhaust, so it was pretty noisy ... as in VERY noisy. (but what noise)

found it:
http://www.matrasport.dk/lemans/2002/raceweek/14fri/Misc/mvc-287w.mpg

« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 12:41:53 am by Lennart » Logged

Abe

Who wants a Golf anyway?

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 05:37:25 pm »

Hmm saw the clips, sounds nice...  Grin... almost as nice as my motorcycles ( ducati 851 & 750 ).. i like sport vehicles wether they have 2 or 4 wheels  Wink Italy this year, le Mans perhaps next year.. with the Murena off course...

How many times do i have to tell you it's NOT! a Delorean.. those dutch.. what do they know about cars..
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 11:41:56 pm »

For several years, I have been considering taking the Murena to Le Mans, but its a 12-14 hour drive, - and would put some 3000km on it... - on top of the 20000km I do every year.

I would love to have it, once down there, but its a long trip.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: