| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Adapters for VW Golf Headlights - UK Group buy?  (Read 23619 times)
lewisman

« on: September 16, 2008, 04:50:04 pm »

Anyone in the UK interested in a group buy for VW Golf adapter plates? 

Using Henrik's design (well done mate Cheesy) , laser cut from 1.5mm 304 Stainless Steel, I can get them made up and delivered to me for a reasonable cost as long as I order at least five pairs.

Allowing for the cost of postage on from myself I would be able to supply them for about £15 per pair (not interested in making a profit so I will work out the price to recover costs once I know what the postage will be). 

I am just looking for enough expressions of interest at this stage.  I don't need any financial commitment from anyone yet. 

If I end up with a pair left I can always stick them on ebay but I would like to have at least provisional homes for four pairs plus my own set before I place the order.

Cheers.

David
murramor

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:32:42 pm »

I would like a set.  Would you be prepared to mail to Australia?

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
lewisman

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:12:33 am »

No worries. I have family in Adelaide so used to posting things in that direction.

I once sent a front bumper for an Alfa 33 to Australia...  The mud trapped between the plastic dried out in transit and it ended up in customs "quarantine" for three months Roll Eyes

No such problems likely with a couple of bits of stainless!
murramor

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 06:12:50 am »

I once sent a front bumper for an Alfa 33 to Australia...  The mud trapped between the plastic dried out in transit and it ended up in customs "quarantine" for three months Roll Eyes

Quarantine absolutely hate soil - I suppose that we have enough imported pests and weeds so I have got used to scrubbing the soles of my shoes everytime I re-enter the country.

Thanks for being willing to post the bits here.  I hope you get some more takers!

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
Titus

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:04:58 am »

Possibly a bit late at this stage, but if you're still able to include me for a pair that would be great.

Titus.

1.6 Murena
lewisman

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:07:57 pm »

Hi Titus

Thanks for that.

Still okay as I have not placed an order yet. One more pair and that would be enough to bring the price down enough to "lose" the set up costs.

Cheers.

David
Titus

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 11:22:07 pm »

Thanks David,

Sorry to come late to your offer but it was only last week that my non orginal Mini headlamps showed their age. The drivers side is falling out with only the hope of making do. Mainly however they are very dim. I assume that the Golf lamps will be an improvement. Let's hope for one more order to make the mod worthwhile.

Regards.

Titus.

1.6 Murena
lewisman

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 11:55:05 pm »

No worries. If we end up with one short it will put the price up a bit but only a few £ per pair.

As long as you are not in a rush I will give it a couple of weeks and if no one else is interested just go for three or four pairs.
Titus

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:06:48 am »

Great,

Am I right in thinking this is for the MK 2 headlamp and does it give a better beam than the original? (Even though mine are from a Mini)

Regards.

1.6 Murena
lewisman

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 01:16:36 am »

Yes Mk2 Golf. Do a search on the forum.  Apparently gives a decent performance but I suppose it would depend on the quality of the lamps. I won't know until I buy some Smiley
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 06:52:47 am »

He he.. I happen to own both a murena and a MKII two golf ... And I don't think that the light is particularly superior on the WV... but parts are readily available and cheap...
Murena IRL

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 12:58:17 pm »

Hi David,

Do you have any more of these?

Thanks
Derek
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 01:13:43 am »

And I don't think that the light is particularly superior on the WV... but parts are readily available and cheap...

and also available in right hand drive versions, which these isolated islanders need :-)

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 07:42:29 pm »

Read the July edition of the MECUK magazine for details of an alternative.
lewisman

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 08:16:43 pm »

Hi David,

Do you have any more of these?

Thanks
Derek

I have still to place an order. 

As there was only one other person interested at the time I decided to leave it for a while.  If there is now some interest I will get an up to date quote.  Probably not much difference in price but I will need to check.

As long as I have three plus myself I will place the order.

David
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: