| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hi guys,got a problem  (Read 4394 times)
motorway muncher

« on: October 23, 2008, 10:30:37 pm »

fisrt off hello to evryone.i hoping someone here can help me.i own a renault espace grand 3,ive fitted a new engine and evrything seemed ok.until the rad blew,i replaced this then a couple of weeks latewr a hose blew,replaced this and another hose blew.lol.im new to these cars ,but i do love it.where would be a good place to start?thasnks in advance. Wink
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:06:09 am »

fisrt off hello to evryone.i hoping someone here can help me.i own a renault espace grand 3,ive fitted a new engine and evrything seemed ok.until the rad blew,i replaced this then a couple of weeks latewr a hose blew,replaced this and another hose blew.lol.im new to these cars ,but i do love it.where would be a good place to start?thasnks in advance. Wink

The cooling system obviously has too much pressure by the sound of it.  You should get the radiator cap checked and if it is either faulty or the wrong one (Renault colour code their caps for the different pressures) then replace it.  If the cap is fine, then it would suggest the engine is blowing into the cooling system and creating too much pressure in it.  You would then need to find out where the engine pressure is leaking into the cooling system.

You don't say what engine and gearbox you have, but if it has a turbo, it could it be the boost air is getting in there?  If you have an auto gearbox, there is an oil/water cooler for the gearbox, and oil from the gearbox could be getting into the cooling system?  Just two of the sorts of things that can give problems.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: