| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: outside air temp reading ????  (Read 5661 times)
brian

« on: October 31, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »

Huh
2001 espace 2.2 dci
hi all
does anyone know why my outside air temp reading  is indicating about 6 or 7 digrees bellow what the the outside temperiture actually is ??  in the summer it is spot on but in winter it sometimes tells me its 7 bellow zero when its about 1 above zero  Huh  where is the sensor situated on the car? as I was thinking it may need cleaning or something ?
thanks
brian
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 06:36:06 pm »

The outside air temperature sensor is located in the passenger side rear view mirror Brian.... it's that little black nipple that protrudes from the underside of the mirror housing.

They are known to go wrong and if I remember correctly they come as part of a bigger wiring harness if you try to get one from Renault but I have seen them (on e-bay I think) as a separate item so that you can splice the two wires into the existing harness without replacing the whole thing.

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 04:31:17 pm »

The outside air temperature sensor is located in the passenger side rear view mirror Brian...

As there are people on this forum with both LHD and RHD cars it is best to stick to LH and RH when talking about side of the car.  These are always stated from sitting in the drivers seat facing forward.  For the same reason offside and nearside should not be used. (it varies depending on which side of the road you drive)  Passenger side can be either depending on where the driver sits!  In this case it should be easy to tell anyway as if it is not on the one it must be the other, but I've just added this for completeness.

... it's that little black nipple that protrudes from the underside of the mirror housing.

They are known to go wrong and if I remember correctly they come as part of a bigger wiring harness if you try to get one from Renault but I have seen them (on e-bay I think) as a separate item so that you can splice the two wires into the existing harness without replacing the whole thing.

Martin

Correct.  As Martin says, it comes as part of the (expensive) LH mirror loom, but you can get the sensor separately, remove the old one, and fit the new unit, joining the wires inside the back of the mirror head area.

Roy

brian

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 03:06:11 pm »

thanks again guys  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: