| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Taking out the engine  (Read 19740 times)
RogerSweden

« on: December 19, 2008, 02:35:25 am »

Hi, did just discover this side...very good. And Mark, keep asking all question´s...plenty of information for the rest of us.

I´ve just bought a Talbot Matra Rancho 1980 and I will restore it and put it back in traffic again.

Now to my question, I have to take out the engine before the end of December because then I have to move the car to a much smaller garage...the "linkage" ( I don´t know if that´s the correct word) from the gearbox via some "foothold" in a beam and in the engine before it goes to the gearbox.... How do I take this apart in a good way?

Is it possible to keep the links in their current position?

By the way Mark...there is a rancho for sale on "www.moibile.de" in the south of Germany, 950 EUR i think it was.

//Roger

PS I excuse my not always correct english..

Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 10:24:56 pm »

Hi
I have taken out several Simca engines including two from Ranchos. But all this happened a few years back so I do not remember all the details.

First you need to take dismantle one of the front suspensions.
Take out the drive shafts (one of them goes through the engine support at the back of the engine)
Disconnect the engine support at the back of the engine. It has three bolts in the engine block and some bolts at the back.
Then disconnect the two upper engine supports, however you need to support the engine first.

And then: Out goes the engine.

Good luck, keep up the good work and keep the Ranchos running!

regards Hans

PS I have just spent a couple of days changing engine in our outgoing BMW 320.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: