| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 93 Espace J636 2.0 Petrol , High idle speed  (Read 5562 times)
keyth

I'm a llama!

« on: May 26, 2009, 10:54:01 pm »

Hi, Just wondered if anyone has any idea on what is causing my espace to idle so fast, It starts and drives ok but when you come to a stop the idle speed is up to 1500-2000 rpm , if you then blip the thottle it will drop down to 1100-1200 but thats the lowest it will ever go, I have tried a replacement idle valve, temp sensor and thottle position sensor , when looking at the idle valve it looks like it is receiving a signal to keep the idle high as when i pull the electrical plug from it the idle drops to normal, Could this problem be ecu related
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 06:43:48 am »

The ECU is constantly driving the idle speed valve motor, and from what you say, it seems the valve is ok (not sticking badly) and the ECU is controlling it like it should.  I.e. I don't think the ECU is to blame. But there must be a leak in the inlet somewhere - otherwise the engine would stall when you pulled the plug off the idle valve motor. And there could also be a sensor confusing the ECU to raise the idle unnecessarily high. That would be the inlet and water temperature sensors.

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
keyth

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:11:42 pm »

Problem solved: I'm a bit annoyed with myself as i should have checked this first, I sprayed some water around the inlet mainfold where it bolts onto the head and noticed an amediate change in idle, I removed the inlet manifold and found a split in no4 inlet gasket, Now replaced and all is well ( apart from a leaking steering rack and a lack of finding a good second hand one  Smiley )
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:37:15 pm »

Problem solved: I'm a bit annoyed with myself as i should have checked this first, I sprayed some water around the inlet mainfold where it bolts onto the head and noticed an amediate change in idle, I removed the inlet manifold and found a split in no4 inlet gasket, Now replaced and all is well ( apart from a leaking steering rack and a lack of finding a good second hand one  Smiley )

Hooray, and congratulations! Smiley

Thanks for sharing your experience

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: